Full-time: One year
Part-time: Two years
This course commences in February and October.
Qualifications and management experience will be considered on an individual basis.
Please see Entry Requirements below.
- Gain practical insight from international businesses and industry leaders
- Study on the prestigious Ipswich Waterfront, home of Maritime Ipswich and other events and festivals
- Enhance your career and promotion prospects through our dual accreditation with the ILM Level 7 Certificate in Leadership and Management.
The MSc International Business and Management is designed for new or recent graduates and those with management experience.
This programme goes beyond just providing students with a thorough grounding in vital business and management practices and the contexts in which they operate. The course philosophy focuses upon the role of modern business and management and the varied and sometimes complex mixture of knowledge and skills that drive the revenue streams of those modern entities.
Modern businesses have become more diverse. The balance of power has shifted significantly in favour of the customer, who now has more control of the relationship than ever before, and technology has brought in new media channels and cultural norms. The role of business and management has altered, so too has the scope and role of management which is changing in response.
This course delivers the core essentials for a career in business and management by allowing students to rehearse the necessary skills and techniques required in the profession, and doing so at the intellectual and deep level of a Masters programme. Students taking this course will be able to significantly enhance their career and promotion prospects.
Through our dual accreditation scheme, and upon successful completion of modules on the MSc International Business and Management programme, students will also achieve the ILM Level 7 Certificate in Leadership and Management.
Students can choose to undertake either a Postgraduate Certificate (PgC), a Postgraduate Diploma (PgD) or a full MSc in International Business and Management.
Designed for new or recent graduates so the course is to bring graduates of any discipline to become well-versed in business and management-related matters and competent to work (and lead) in a challenging business environment
Gives a broad perspective on the nature of business and management.
Offer an innovative, dynamic and flexible programme that critically considers development of International Business and Management in a globalised world.
Full downloadable information regarding all University of Suffolk courses, including Key Facts, Course Aims, Course Structure and Assessment, is available in the Definitive Course Record.
Fees and finance
- Full-time tuition fee: £9,500 p.a.
- Part-time tuition fee: £1,056 per 20 credits (please contact the Infozone for further information)
- International tuition fee: £14,000 p.a.
- Full-time tuition fee: £8,235 p.a.
- Part-time tuition fee: £915 per 20 credits (please contact the Infozone for further information)
- International tuition fee: £12,150 p.a.
- 20% reduction in fees for University of Suffolk graduates
- Postgraduate Study within Student Finance
At the University of Suffolk, your tuition fees provide access to all the usual teaching and learning facilities that you would expect. However, there may be additional costs associated with your course that you will need to budget for.
In order to satisfy the minimum general requirements for admission candidates should normally:
- Have an academic background in any discipline (Bachelors honours degree 2:2 or equivalent); or
- Hold an HNC or HND or a Foundation Degree and have two years relevant experience; or
- Have acquired qualifying experience through professional employment recognised as equivalent to a degree that enables the candidate to study successfully at masters level
All applicants are required to hold GCSE English and Maths at Grade C/4 or above. Applicants who do not hold these qualifications may be considered on an individual basis based upon their overall application and the course applied for.
If you do not hold these qualifications please contact Admissions directly on 01473 338348 to discuss.
Any offer of a place will be subject to:
- Two satisfactory reports from referees.
If you have previously studied at higher education level before you may be able to transfer credits to a related course at the University of Suffolk and reduce the period of study time necessary to achieve your degree.
Facilities and Resources
The Waterfront Building and the Atrium Building (pictured below), which houses the Ipswich Waterfront Innovation Centre (IWIC), will be your bases during your degree.
The Waterfront Building on Ipswich marina is home to lecture theatres fitted with state-of-the-art AV equipment, and is accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week during the open period.