What you need to study with us.
Here you will find lots of useful information for students from South Africa including entry and English language requirements, scholarships and funding information, and where you can meet our representatives in-country.
Have a specific question in mind? Contact our International Student Advice team. We also run regular webinar sessions to help get you ready for life in Suffolk.
For entry onto an undergraduate degree, applicants are required to have one of the following qualifications:
- Applicants with a Senior Certificate (with matriculation) and 3 B grades and 2 C grades at Higher Level with a grade C or higher in English to be considered for direct entry to our degree programmes.
- Completed a Higher Certificate / Higher Certificate in Technology/ National (Technical) Certificate N5 to be considered for direct entry to our degree programmes
- International Foundation Programme (from a recognised institution)
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme: 28 points
- A-levels (refer to course pages)
For entry onto a postgraduate course, applicants are required to have:
Applicants with a Bachelor (Hons) degree from a recognised institution in South Africa with a 2:2 0r 53% and above to be considered
If English is not your first language, you may need to provide evidence of your English language ability as part of your application.
The most commonly known assessments for this that we accept are;
- IELTS (Academic/UKVI)
- Cambridge English
- Pearson (Academic)
- TOFEL (iBT)
Please see our English Language page for further details of requirements for your course.
To reward high calibre candidates, we are offering a range of generous scholarships to international fee-paying students joining us in the 2024/25 academic year.