What you need to study with us.
Here you will find lots of useful information for students from Benin including entry and English language requirements, scholarships and funding information, and where you can meet our representatives in-country.
Have a specific question in mind? Contact our International Student Advice team. We also run regular webinar sessions to help get you ready for life in Suffolk.
For entry onto an undergraduate course, applicants are required to have one of the following qualifications:
- Brevet de Technicien Supérieur / Diplôme de Technicien Supérieur with a score of 12/20 or above
- Diplôme d'Études Techniques Supérieures with a score of 12/20 or above
- Diplôme Universitaire d'Études Économiques Générales at 65% or above
- Diplôme Universitaire d'Études Juridiques Générales at 65% or above
- Diplôme Universitaire d'Études Littéraires at 65% or above
- Diplôme Universitaire d'Études Scientifiques at 65% or above
- Diplôme Universitaire de Technologie at 65% or above
- A Levels (see course page)
- International Baccalaureate Diploma with 28 points
For entry onto a postgraduate course, applicants are required to have:
- Diplôme d'Etudes Approfondies (DEA) with a score of 12/20
- Diplôme d'Etudes Supérieures (DES) with a score of 12/20
- Maîtrise with a score of 12/20
We can accept these qualifications when completed at one of Benin's four public universities: Université d'Abomey-Calavi, University of Kétou, University of Parakou and Université Nationale des Sciences, Technologies, Ingénierie et Mathématiques. Graduates from private institutions are required to also present a statement from the Beninese Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research to confirm that the program studied was accredited at the time of award.
If English is not your first language, you may need to provide evidence of your English language ability as part of your application.
The most commonly known assessments for this that we accept are;
- IELTS (Academic/UKVI)
- Cambridge English
- Pearson (Academic)
- TOFEL (iBT)
Please see our English Language page for further details of requirements for your course.
To reward high calibre candidates, we are offering a range of generous scholarships to international fee-paying students joining us in the 2024/25 academic year.