East Coast College (Great Yarmouth)
Two years full-time, attendance at the College is one day per week.
2019 entry: 80 UCAS tariff points (or above)
Please see entry requirements below.
The course is classed as full time but is delivered on a part-time attendance basis (one day per week), allowing students to combine studying with employment. The course has been developed in liaison with employers and employees in the social care sector and has been tailored to meet the specific training requirements of the sector.
Graduates are likely to have increased job satisfaction and better career prospects. This course offers a new route into and through higher education. On completion of the course graduates can progress to an appropriate Progression Route, such as the BA (Hons) Applied Care Practice (Progression Route) degree at University of Suffolk.
Students study a range of modules, the course has been developed to be flexible with delivery, and can be tailored to meet the specific needs of individual students and their work place. This flexibility could include twilight or evening teaching. The Learn Virtual Learning Environment will also be used so that students can discuss and learn with their peers whilst working in practice. Students will be expected to undertake private study to meet the requirements of the course.
Students will be expected to be working within a related field as case study learning forms a substantial part of the course.
Full downloadable information regarding all University of Suffolk courses, including Key Facts, Course Aims, Course Structure and Assessment, is available in the Definitive Course Record.
Fees and finance
- Full-time tuition fee: £8,220 p.a.
- Part-time tuition fee: £1,454 per 20 credits (Please contact the Infozone for further information)
- International tuition fee: £11,790 p.a.
- Detailed information about Tuition Fees.
- Find out more about Financial Support eligibility.
- Also see Loans and Grants.
- At University of Suffolk, your tuition fees provide access to all the usual teaching and learning facilities that you would expect. However, there may be additional costs associated with your course that you will need to budget for. See Course Costs.
Any offer of a place will be subject to:
- A satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
- gaining the written permission of their employers in order to demonstrate opportunity and access to work based learning in an appropriate setting.
If you have previously studied at higher education level before you may be able to transfer credits to a related course at the University of Suffolk and reduce the period of study time necessary to achieve your degree.