Three years full-time.
2018 entry: 112 UCAS tariff points (or above)
BBC (A-Level), DMM (BTEC).
Please see Entry Requirements below.
* Subject to validation
We bring art and science together to develop you into a creative and critically informed graduate, ready for an exciting and fulfilling career.
Architecture is both intellectually and financially rewarding, situated within both culture and the arts, and science and technology. Our course is run jointly by two of our most established departments to give you the broadest and most relevant experience possible.
We draw on the wealth of professional expertise and international renown within our teaching team, with support from professional bodies and our network of industry contacts.
You will work collaboratively on project briefs, using our design studio, as part of a creative and mutually supportive community of developing architects, putting theory into practice, and reflecting on the aesthetic, ethical and technical application of architecture.
The programme is structured to enable you to progress your intellectual and technical understanding and to graduate with a set of skills and a professional profile that reflects the latest industry and academic expectations set by ARB, RIBA, and QAA.
There will be additional opportunities through our established partnerships with world renowned Schools of Architecture abroad, such as NTUAthens and Lusofona Lisbon.
Full downloadable information regarding all University of Suffolk courses, including Key Facts, Course Aims, Course Structure and Assessment, is available in the Definitive Course Record.
Upon completing the BA (Hons) Architecture degree progamme, you can progress in to an array of careers or further study including:
• Part I Architectural Assistants, architectural designers, technicians
• continue studies and training to become RIBA Part II and continue to become architects in practice
• postgraduate study in subjects within creative arts, design, and/or technology
• develop in practice to become technologists, visualisers, or specialist designers
Fees and finance
Subject to approval of maximum fee by parliament
- Full-time Tuition fee: £9,250 p.a.
- Part-time Tuition fee: £1,454 per 20 credit module (Please contact the Infozone for further information).
- International Tuition fee: £11,500 p.a.
- Detailed information about Tuition Fees.
- Find out more about Financial Support eligibility.
- Also see Loans and Grants.
- At University of Suffolk, your tuition fees provide access to all the usual teaching and learning facilities that you would expect. However, there may be additional costs associated with your course that you will need to budget for
Facilities and Resources
You will have access to course specific resources, such as current architecture and design books and journals, Oculus Rift, Leap Motion, Arduino technologies, projectors and PC workstations.
Our students also benefit from access to allocated IT suites (PC and Mac), on-campus printing facilities, specialised arts technical resources such as wood and sculpture workshops, 3D productivity equipment (laser cutting and 3D printing) and A/V equipment.