The University of Suffolk offers a bursary for students starting their degree in 2019-20. Successful applicants will receive a £500 bursary in each year of study (dependent on successful progression and still meeting eligibility criteria)
To be eligible for the Bursary 2019 Entry, you need to meet all of the following criteria:
- Be a new student to the University of Suffolk in 2019-20. Students who have previously studied at the University will not be eligible
- Be in the first year of your course
- Be studying full-time or part-time (studying at least 50% of the Full Time Equivalent) towards a Foundation/Bachelor degree or Integrated Master's degree
- Be paying tuition fees of £8,220 (Foundation degree) or £9,250 (Bachelor’s/Integrated Master’s degree)
- Be assessed by Student Loans Company (SLC) as having household income of £25,000 or less as at the bursary closing date
- Be living in the UK (EU/Overseas students are not eligible for this bursary)
- Have made a means-tested Student Finance application by the bursary closing date, with the University of Suffolk as the chosen institution, and given consent to the sharing of financial details. Failure to do this will result in the University of Suffolk being unable to verify students' household income
New undergraduate students in 2019-20 who are Asylum-Seekers are also eligible to apply for the University of Suffolk Bursary. The application process is different for Asylum-Seekers - eligibility criteria and the application is available at Asylum-Seekers Support.
If applications for the bursary exceed the number of allocations, awards will be subject to additional academic criteria.
For full bursary and Scholarship information please visit MySuffolk.
Successful applicants will receive a £500 bursary in each year of study - maximum of 3 years (dependant on successful progression and still meeting eligibility criteria)
The closing date for applications is based on the month in which your course started, see below:
Course Start Month
|Bursary Application Deadline|
Applications will be assessed after the closing date and you should expect to be notified of the outcome within 2 months.
Awards are expected to be paid in two equal instalments, based on the month in which your course started, see below:
Course Start Month
|Bursary Payment Dates (last working day of)|
|September||Feb & May 2020|
|October||Feb & May 2020|
|November||Feb & May 2020|
|December||Feb & May 2020|
|January||May & Oct 2020|
|February||May & Oct 2020|
|March||May & Oct 2020|
|April||Oct 20 & Feb 21|
|May||Oct 20 & Feb 21|
|June||Oct 20 & Feb 21|
|July||Feb & May 2021|
|August||Feb & May 2021|
If you have any queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply
An online application form is available via the Applicant Area or O.A.S.I.S