One year part-time. Starting in Septmeber.
Please see Entry Requirements below.
Research suggests that one of the most valued learning experiences for social work students on BA (Hons) and MA programmes are the practice learning placements. The success of these are often determined by the skills and knowledge of the practice educator.
This course will aim to produce high quality social work practice educators who are able to produce evidence-informed assessments of social work students and newly qualified social workers.
Exploring theories of learning, teaching, assessment and supervision, this programme provides practical skills, creative approaches and underpinning theoretical frameworks to candidates to become accredited stage-2 social work practice educators in line with the Professional Educator Professional Standards (PEPS).
To apply for postgraduate study, please use our Direct Application form.
Fees and finance
- Part-time tuition fee: £915 per 20 credits (please contact the Student Centre for further information).
- 30% reduction in fees for University of Suffolk graduates
- Postgraduate Study within Student Finance
At the University of Suffolk, your tuition fees provide access to all the usual teaching and learning facilities that you would expect. However, there may be additional costs associated with your course that you will need to budget for.
* 2022-23 tuition fees are subject to change in line with inflation, or a government change in the fee cap.
- Hold a recognised social work qualification - Have held this qualification for at least two years, with at least two years post-qualifying professional experience
- Registered with Social Work England (SWE)
If you have previously studied at higher education level before you may be able to transfer credits to a related course at the University of Suffolk and reduce the period of study time necessary to achieve your degree.