The University of Suffolk Careers, Employability and Enterprise Team run a variety of events and activities throughout the year. In response to the Covid-19 pandemic, many of our events take place with a hybrid approach, enabling us to connect students to an even greater selection of organisations from around the world. This also means that students can frequently access events, even if they are not able to attend campus, or can watch workshops and webinars back in their own time if they were unable to attend on the day.
Events can include:
- Careers fairs, days and weeks, with activity both in-person and online covering a broad range of industries, and specific sectors. Earlier this year, we held the My Future Festival over 8 days, providing a wide selection of opportunities for students to connect with organisations and University of Suffolk alumni.
- Webinars, workshops and panels, either in-person, online or both. For 2022, we've been able to launch a weekly webinar series, connecting a new organisation and their opportunities with our students. Where possible, these are recorded and stored on our Brightspace (the student VLE) to enable students to watch at a later date
- Interactive activities, including mock assessment centres and training days
- Bootcamps and Weekenders to support students and graduates pursuing business start-ups
- Employer drop-ins on campus, with many bringing lunch or refreshments with them to make sure that you can still connect with them, and have time for lunch. Check out this feedback from local SME, Coderus.
Are you a current student or graduate, and wondering what's on? Visit the Events section of FutureMe.
Are you an organisation wondering how to get involved? Please email the team on email@example.com.
The team are available for information, advice and guidance.
T: 01473 338840
For regular updates:
Have you registered to use FutureMe? It compliments our face-to-face careers support with online interactive tools for you to access whenever, and wherever you need them, so you can move your career forward with confidence.