As University of Suffolk Alumni, you may be on the road to identifying and establishing an inspiring and rewarding career. We appreciate that whatever your current situation, sometimes you might want additional support in deciding what to do next.
The Careers, Employability and Enterprise Service offers graduates:
- Continued access to hundreds of vacancies and personal and professional development tools online via FutureMe
- Flexible and impartial information, advice and guidance to support your individual needs
- CV and job application feedback, and interview guidance
- Access to careers fairs, networking events, and personal and professional development workshops
- We also provide support and information for students looking to start their own business or work for themselves.
Flexible and impartial information, advice and guidance to support your individual needs
If you graduated within the last three years, you can access a Careers Adviser via email, Skype, telephone or in person. You may like to email your queries or CV for advice, or talk to a Careers Adviser face to face. Careers guidance offers you the opportunity to reflect, explore your possibilities, develop self-awareness, plan for the future and identify key job hunting strategies. We also offer mock interviews and support with assessment centres to help you prepare for the next stage in the application process, and to give you the best chance of success.
Get in touch with Careers:
Access to Online Careers Resources and Publications
- Hundreds of e-learning resources including: developing self-awareness, recognising skills and preferences, developing emotional intelligence, presentation skills, team working, resilience, balancing work and life, and much more to support you in exploring career options, planning and executing their career journey, and developing career and workplace skills.
- Self-assessment questionnaires to understand your motivations, personal strengths, resilience and workplace preferences
- CV Builder, Cover Letter Builder, Mock Interview and Elevator Pitch tools
- Understanding postgraduate study, self-employment and freelancing options
- Job profiles and a job-search engine to look for inspiration, or to gain experience
- Industry sector reviews and expert advice from career coaches and hiring managers
- Careers workshops and appointment bookings
How to access FutureMe
Homepage of MySuffolk (top navigation bar)
Access to Careers Fairs and Networking Events
While careers fairs and networking events offer fantastic opportunities to source paid work or experience, they are also a good way to network with different employers and explore a wide variety of careers, as well as developing confidence in your self-presentation skills. You can find out when our next event is on in FutureMe.
Other Useful Online Resources
National Careers Service - helping you to take the next step
For those of you who graduated more than three years ago, the National Careers Service provides a wealth of information, careers and skills advice. Their Careers Advisers are professionally qualified and can give individual advice to help you make the right choices about learning and work.
Prospects are the UK's largest graduate careers website, and provide a fantastic resource to find out more about graduate jobs and schemes, options for postgraduate study and funding, and paid internship opportunities. They also provide lots of tips and information to help you when applying for jobs, including CV and covering letter examples, interview guidance and hints and tips to help you make your application stand out.