The University of Suffolk offers a bursary for students starting their degree in 2018-19. Successful applicants will receive a £500 bursary in each year of study (dependent on successful progression and still meeting eligibility criteria)
To be eligible for the Bursary 2018 Entry, you need to meet all of the following criteria:
- Be a new student to the University of Suffolk in 2018-19. Students who have previously studied at the University will not be eligible
- Be in the first year of your course
- Be studying full-time towards a Foundation/Bachelor degree or Integrated Master's degree
- Be paying tuition fees of £8,220 (Foundation degree) or £9,250 (Bachelor’s/Integrated Master’s degree)
- Be assessed by Student Loans Company (SLC) as having household income of £25,000 or less as at the bursary closing date
- Be living in the UK (EU/Overseas students are not eligible for this bursary)
- Have made a means-tested Student Finance application by the bursary closing date, with the University of Suffolk as the chosen institution, and given consent to the sharing of financial details. Failure to do this will result in the University of Suffolk being unable to verify students' household income
If applications for the bursary exceed the number of allocations, awards will be subject to additional academic criteria.
For full bursary and Scholarship information please visit MySuffolk.
Successful applicants will receive a £500 bursary in each year of study - maximum of 3 years (dependant on successful progression and still meeting eligibility criteria)
The closing date for applications for September starters is 3 December 2018. Applications will be assessed after this date and you should expect to be notified of the outcome by January 2019.
The closing date for February starters is 1 May 2019. Applications will be assessed after this date and you should expect to be notified of the outcome by June 2019.
Awards are expected to be paid in two equal instalments on the last working day of February and May 2019 for September starters. Payment dates for February starters are expected to be the last working day of August and November 2019.
Please note other academic year starts will follow the same principle for deadline and payments dates. If you have any queries please contact email@example.com.
How to apply
An online application form is available via the Applicant Area or O.A.S.I.S