Sarah has been a lecturer at the University of Suffolk since 2009 on the Event and Tourism Management degree programmes. Sarah lectures in Marketing and Event Management.
Sarah works extensively with outside organisations and charities, developing relationships in order to offer students on the course work-based learning opportunities.
She is experienced in both marketing and event management. Sarah has worked in the Midlands for a B2B industrial, manufacturing and services marketing consultancy largely involved in the automotive industry. She has also worked for a relationship marketing agency and was account manager for large key accounts such as Le Méridian Hotels loyalty programme.
Sarah moved back home from the Midlands to Suffolk in 2006 and embarked on her event management and tourism management career at Helmingham Hall and Gardens. She managed the marketing and delivery of the tourism destination as well as developing and creating an events programme.
Sarah also has experience of managing venues and businesses in the wedding industry.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing (2000)
- BA (Hons): Business and Marketing (1998)
- University of Suffolk & University Campus Suffolk (2009 - present)
- Work Based Learning Co-ordinator
- Course Leader
- Personal tutor
- Greenacre Trees and Landscapes Ltd (2006 - 2020)
- Company Founder and Director
- All Manor of Events – events and wedding venue (2009 - 2010)
- Business Development and Marketing Consultancy
- Helmingham Hall Gardens (2004 – 2009)
- Events and Tourism Manager
- Carlson Marketing Group (2002 - 2004)
- Relationship Marketing and Loyalty Programme Key Account Manager
- Mentors in Marketing Ltd (1998 - 20202
- B2B Marketing consultancy, Researcher and Business Advisor
TEACHING & LEARNING ACTIVITY
- Event and Tourism Management- The Environment - Level 4
- Corporate and Business Event Management - Level 5
- Professional Development, Career Planning in Practice - Level 5
- Industry Based Practice - Level 6
- Live event projects and modules – Suffolk Business School Conference and student Summer Ball
- Personal tutor
KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE ACTIVITY
- Suffolk Coastal event training workshops
AWARDS AND HONOURS
- University Campus Suffolk – Project / Initiative of the Year (2015)