Suha is an MB ChB, MSc, PhD qualified professional in the fields Chemical Pathology and Metabolic Medicine. With a broad based experience in both national and international environments. Previously she worked as a Clinical Research Fellow at the Biomedical Research Centre (BMRC), University of East Anglia (UEA).
During her research project she established culture and manipulation of a new parasite to the labs as well as investigating the effects of this parasite on gut intestinal epithelia and as a result Suha has a numerous publications and received awards for her work. Moreover, whilst conducting research she got involved in facilitating both Problem Based Learning (PBL) and Inter Professional Learning (IPL) for students from the Medical School at UEA.
RNutr: Registered Nutritionist- Association for Nutrition (2016)
PhD: Chemical Pathology & Metabolic Medicine, The University of Liverpool (2008)
MRCPath: Member of the Royal Collage of Pathology (2003)
MSc: Chemical Pathology & Molecular Biology, The University of Surrey (2002)
MB ChB: Baghdad Medical School, The University of Baghdad, Iraq (1997)
- Nutrition and Human Health
Foundation of Anatomy and Physiology
Human Physiological Measurements
Scientific Study Skills
Obesity and Energy Homeostasis
Introduction to Health Sciences
Biology of Disease (Disease & Diagnosis)
- Postgraduate Regenerative Medicine Research and teaching activity.
The crosstalk and interaction of the white adipose tissue/gut hormones on gut microbiota and within regenerative medicine.
- Dubourg, Audrey, Xia, Dong, Winpenny, John P, Al Naimi, Suha, Bouzid, Maha, Sexton, Darren W, Wastling, Jonathan M, Hunter, Paul R and Tyler, Kevin M (2018) Giardia secretome highlights secreted tenascins as a key component of pathogenesis. GigaScience, 7 (3). pp. 1-13. ISSN 2047-217X. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29385462
- Al-Naimi, Suha, SM Hampton, L, Morgan (2009). Postprandial Metabolic Profiles Following Meals and Snacks Eaten during Simulated Night and Day Shift Work. https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1081/CBI-200037171
- Al-Naimi, Suha, SM Hampton, L, Morgan (2005).Postprandial responses to sequential meals in simulated day and night shift workers. January 2005Proceedings of The Nutrition Society 64:16A-16A. https://core.ac.uk/display/82932952
Selected Oral Presentations
- Al-Naimi S, Ranganath L, Trayhurn P and Shenkin A. (2017) Do White Adipose Adipocytes Express Receptors for Gut Hormones? https://madridge.org/journal-of-food-technology/food-tech-2017-scientificsession-proceedings/do-white-adipose-adipocytes-express-receptors-a1.010-s003.php
- Al-Naimi, Suha, Winpenny, John P, Hunter, Paul R and Tyler, Kevin (2010). A soluble mediator from Giardia Lamblia disrupts human gastrointestinal epithelial cell function. In: British Society for Parasitology, Cardiff 29th March - 2nd April 2010, 2010-01-01. https://ueaeprints.uea.ac.uk/id/eprint/14530/