David’s role jointly leading the Digital Learning Team within the Department of Learning Services focuses on engaging both staff and students with their Digital Learning needs. David’s main role is to make sure the platforms and environments for learning teaching and assessment are used effectively both in the lecture space and delivered at a distance.
David’s responsibilities include:
- Helping staff to integrate innovative technologies to enhance their teaching programmes
- Share innovation and good practice through facilitating an active community
- Evaluate the impact of enhancements on the student learning experience
- Develop and pilot ways to enhance learning through innovative technologies
David has joint managerial responsibility for the team that supports:
- VLE - Virtual Learning Environment
- LMS - Library Management Systems
- ERM - Electronic Resource Management
- OPAC - Open Public Access Catalogue
- OARS - Open Access Repository Suffolk
- Digitisation and Copyright
- Video and Audio production
- Assistive Technologies
David is an Associate Member of the Association of Learning Technology and an Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
David also supports the Digital Learning Systems Manager in his role by making sure the platforms and environments used within the institution are fit for purpose.