West Suffolk College
Two years part-time
60 UCAS tariff points (or above), CC (A-Level), MM (BTEC).
If applying in Clearing 2019 please call us on 01473 338352.
This course is delivered at the University of Suffolk at West Suffolk College in Bury St Edmunds.
Electrical and Electronic Engineering are disciplines of engineering that address the study and application of electricity, electronic and electro-magnetism.
The Pearson BTEC Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Electrical and Electronic Engineering course aims to:
• develop a range of skills and techniques, personal qualities and attributes essential for successful performance in working life and thereby enable learners to make an immediate contribution to employment at the appropriate professional level
• prepare for a range of technical and management careers in electrical, electronic or communication engineering equipping individuals with knowledge, understanding and skills for success in employment in the electrical/electronic engineering-based industry
• providing specialist studies relevant to individual vocations and professions in which learners are working or intend to seek employment in electrical/electronic engineering and its related industries
• enabling progression to or count towards an undergraduate degree or further professional qualification in electrical/electronic engineering or related area
• providing a significant educational base for progression to Incorporated Engineer level.
Most successful students usually find that targeting between 12 – 15 hours a week self-directed reading and researching is necessary.
During your day of attendance you will engage with lectures, practical lab experiences and tutorials. The combination of these experiences offer the structure of knowledge that you should further research and all of them are essential to your success.
The practical sessions will provide opportunity to reinforce the theoretical learning from lectures and tutorials. Maths is an essential aspect of an engineer's life and through this course you will have opportunities to strengthen your existing maths skills further.
Full downloadable information regarding all University of Suffolk courses, including Key Facts, Course Aims, Course Structure and Assessment, is available in the Definitive Course Record.
This course prepares students for a range of technical and management careers in electrical and electronic engineering and also enables progression to or count towards an undergraduate degree or further professional qualification in electrical/electronic engineering or related area.
Fees and finance
- Part-time tuition fee: £771/£1,028 p.a. per 15/20 credits (Please contact the Infozone for further information)
- Detailed information about Tuition Fees.
- Find out more about Financial Support eligibility.
- Also see Loans and Grants.
- At University of Suffolk, your tuition fees provide access to all the usual teaching and learning facilities that you would expect. However, there may be additional costs associated with your course that you will need to budget for. See Course Costs.
If you have previously studied at higher education level before you may be able to transfer credits to a related course at the University of Suffolk and reduce the period of study time necessary to achieve your degree.