East Coast College (Great Yarmouth)
Two years full-time.
2019 entry: 80 UCAS tariff points (or above)
Please see Entry Requirements below.
This course offers specific background and develops the skills necessary for the world of contemporary computing, as well as the applications that all organisations employ. Students get involved in a range of activities including setting up and exploiting web applications and mobile technologies, exploring the architecture of computer systems and the human-computer interactions, developing skills in IT project management, understanding programming as well as examining contemporary programming languagesin detail and building their academic skills through research projects. This course helps students develop vocationally related technical skills and abilities, along with academic insight and understanding. It is designed to reflect contemporary computing practice.
Assessment is through a variety of methods including examinations, assignments, group projects, presentations. Assessment will normally focus on practical as well as academic abilities. These courses provide students with relevant and up-to-date skills required to enter the IT professions. Students can also progress on to the BSc (Hons) Computer Technologies (Software Engineering) (Progression Route) at the University of Suffolk.
"This course offered me the opportunity to study at university while allowing me to support my family commitments. The course subjects offered me exactly what I needed to study for my career path and although the work is challenging it is very enjoyable and I am glad I made this choice. The support here is great, we never feel we have no-one to ask the questions we need answering."
- Will Logan, FdSc Applied Computing [former title of the FdSc Computer Technologies (Software Development)]
Full downloadable information regarding all University of Suffolk courses, including Key Facts, Course Aims, Course Structure and Assessment, is available in the Definitive Course Record.
Fees and finance
- Full-time tuition fee: £8,220 p.a.
- International tuition fee: £13,330 p.a.
- Detailed information about Tuition Fees.
- Find out more about Financial Support eligibility.
- Also see Loans and Grants.
- At University of Suffolk, your tuition fees provide access to all the usual teaching and learning facilities that you would expect. However, there may be additional costs associated with your course that you will need to budget for.
If you have previously studied at higher education level before you may be able to transfer credits to a related course at the University of Suffolk and reduce the period of study time necessary to achieve your degree.