Three years full-time.
2018 entry: 112 UCAS tariff points (or above)
BBC (A-Level), DMM (BTEC).
Please see Entry Requirements below.
* Subject to validation
The application of technology to the design of buildings is a fast-growing and pioneering industry which plays an increasingly influential role in the way we experience interior and exterior space.
Our course brings together expertise from two of our best established departments, the Department of Arts and Humanities and the Department of Science and Technology, alongside regional industry experts and specialists.
We approach architectural technology as a subject with different practical and theoretical dimensions that come together in order to develop a concept into buildable reality.
Our unique approach to teaching is based on simulating a real studio practice with all the facilities. You work as part of a team in collaboration with architects, designers, technologists and construction experts, mirroring the organisation and culture of the industry at large.
The programme is structured to enable you to develop your knowledge and skills in line with your talents and interests, and to graduate with a professional profile that reflects the latest industry and academic expectations set by CIAT, CIOB, and QAA.
We help you develop into a highly skilled professional, capable of designing and implementing creative building solutions according to the latest standards whilst ensuring sustainability, feasibility, efficiency, and performance.
Full downloadable information regarding all University of Suffolk courses, including Key Facts, Course Aims, Course Structure and Assessment, is available in the Definitive Course Record.
BA (Hons) Architectural Technology opens to an array of career opportunities for future graduates. It is designed so our graduates may:
• become chartered architectural technologists and technicians
• continue to postgraduate study in subjects associated to Architecture, Design, Engineering, Sustainability, and/or Technology
• develop in practice to become specialised consultants
• upgrade their professional profile and skillsets to a level as appropriate to the sector and positions they may be aiming for
Fees and finance
The University of Suffolk will be increasing tuition fees for 2018-19 to the cap set by Government for universities participating in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF). We expect fees stated below to be confirmed in autumn 2017. The tuition fee that new students pay in 2018-19 will be fixed for the duration of the course and will not be subject to any further increases.
- Full-time Tuition fee: £9,545 p.a.
- Part-time Tuition fee: £1,500 per 20 credit module (Please contact the Infozone for further information).
- International Tuition fee: £13,000 p.a.
- Detailed information about Tuition Fees.
- Find out more about Financial Support eligibility.
- Also see Loans and Grants.
- At University of Suffolk, your tuition fees provide access to all the usual teaching and learning facilities that you would expect. However, there may be additional costs associated with your course that you will need to budget for.
Applicants are accepted based on their performance in an interview and portfolio review.
Facilities and Resources
In the studio, you will have access to course specific resources, such as current architecture and design books and journals, Oculus Rift, Leap Motion, and Arduino technologies, projectors and PC workstations.
You will also benefit from access to allocated IT suites (PC and Mac), on-campus printing facilities, specialised arts technical resources such as wood and sculpture workshops, 3D productivity equipment (laser cutting, 3D scanning, and 3D printing) and A/V equipment.