Great Yarmouth College
West Suffolk College
One year full-time.
Two years part-time.
A Foundation degree (or equivalent).
A 60 credit bridging programme is available for entrants with an HND (these credits may be achieved through an Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL) process).
Please see Entry Requirements below.
The course focuses on management and professional issues that relate directly to the student's vocational specialism and employment. Students are encouraged to embrace the challenge of exploring new theoretical and practical ideas, applying them to real situations. The course aims to:
Emphasis is placed on students applying and demonstrating their learning in the work place via a variety of methods, including group projects, presentations and the analysis of case studies and written assignments. A key part of assessment at Honours level is the undergraduate dissertation which is an extended piece of written work (usually 10,000 words) on a negotiated topic, or equivalent work-based project. Upon completion of the course graduates will hold a full sector specific Honours degree, allowing students to advance within their careers. Graduates can also choose to advance to postgraduate study at the University of Suffolk.
The course allows students to gain the 120 credits at Honours level, comprising of four 20 credit modules and a 40 credit undergraduate dissertation on a negotiated topic. Foundation degree graduates of any discipline may contextualise their subject specialism within the course.
Delivery of the course material makes use of Learn (the Virtual Learning Environment), with subject support tutors located at each of the Centres. Students will be given the opportunity to attend module tutorials, lectures and workshops at all three Centres.
Fees and finance
- Full-time Tuition fee: £9,000 p.a.
- Part-time Tuition fee: £1,415 per 20 credits (Please contact the Infozone for further information).
- International Tuition fee: £10,080 p.a.
- 2017-18 Tuition Fees.
- Find out more about Bursaries and Scholarships eligibility.
- Also see Loans and Grants 2016.
- At the University of Suffolk your tuition fees provide access to all the usual teaching and learning facilities that you would expect. However, there may be additional costs associated with your course that you will need to budget for. See Course Costs.
A Foundation degree (or equivalent)
A 60 credit bridging programme is available for entrants with an HND (these credits may be achieved through an Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL) process)
Also see How to Apply.