Suffolk New College
Three years full-time.
112 UCAS tariff points (or above)
* Subject to validation
Next available intake: September 2021
The BA (Hons) Creative Interactive Media course will help develop your skills in design for the visual, audio and trans media sectors working across multiple platforms, supporting connectivity across the media technologies to develop and create products for the media and marketing. You will develop the skills and understanding of the media sector and its technological advances and how these are used to enhance the user experience.
The degree is predominantly technical, developing practical skills, and knowledge underpinned by academic theoretical and research modules. Many of the technical modules will be delivered by experts currently working in the industry enabling you to gain the skills necessary to work across multi platforms as required by the industry. Suffolk New College has a TV studio (being upgraded to 4k in 2019) and several iMac suites. Trips, both national and international, will be offered to relevant Visual Media Shows, Conferences and Studios.
The course has strong links with industry and tutors who deliver the course have worked in roles across the digital design and media sectors. You will have the opportunity to incorporate industry led projects that are key to building skills to gain the qualification. There will also be opportunities to undertake a work placement to support progression into the sector. From this course, you will be able to develop expertise in your chosen field in order to progress to Masters level or enter related employment.
Full downloadable information regarding all University of Suffolk courses, including Key Facts, Course Aims, Course Structure and Assessment, is available in the Definitive Course Record.
The visual media design sector offers multiple career opportunities across many creative disciplines and other sectors including marketing, law and medical. Some of the roles that fall within the field include:
- Special effects designer for TV, Film, Games and Advertising
- Motion Graphic Designer
- Concept Designer for TV, Film, Games and Advertising
- Animator for Film, TV and Games
- Medical Animator
- Architectural 3D Modeller
- Compositor for Film and TV
- 3D Artist
- Trans Media Specialist
- 2D digital designer
- Colourist for Film, TV and Games
- GCI specialist
Fees and finance
• Full-time tuition fee: £9,250 p.a.
• International tuition fee: £11,790 p.a.
112 UCAS tariff points (or above), BBC (A-Level), DMM (BTEC)
All applicants are required to hold GCSE English and Maths at Grade C/4 or above. Applicants who do not hold these qualifications may be considered on an individual basis based upon their overall application and the course applied for.
If you do not hold these qualifications please contact Admissions directly on 01473 338348 to discuss.
You will be required to attend a portfolio interview.
If you have previously studied at higher education level before you may be able to transfer credits to a related course at the University of Suffolk and reduce the period of study time necessary to achieve your degree.
Facilities and Resources
- TV Studio with industry standard equipment, Green Screen and large recording suite facility.
- Video Editing apple Mac Suite with 22 iMacs Final Cut Pro software
- Audio Editing Mac Suite with 20 iMacs
- 2D/ 3D Animation Suite with 24 PC’s and full Adobe Creative Suite including After Effects
- Animation Rostrum Suite with 6 rostrum
- Photography Studio
- Digital Graphics Suite with 22 iMacs and full Adobe Creative Suite including After Effects
- HE Common Room with PCs and full Adobe Creative Suite including After Effects
- HE Art Studio with 15 PC’s and full Adobe Creative Suite including After Effects
- HE Support Advisor in Student Support