West Suffolk College
Three years full-time.
Four to nine years part-time.
112 UCAS tariff points (or above), BBC (A-Level), DMM (BTEC) GCSE Maths at grade C or above (or equivalent).
Please see Entry Requirements below.
This course is delivered at the University of Suffolk at West Suffolk College in Bury St Edmunds.
As a student on the Business Management programme, you will be involved in identifying and applying the main business processes and personal skills essential in effective management. There is a choice of eight routes and you will apply your knowledge and skills in a range of specific situations such as developing marketing, human resources, law, event management, retail management, logistics and operations or accounting and finance. The overall aim of the programmes is to provide an inspiring, challenging course of study that will equip you with the knowledge and skills necessary to enable you to contribute effectively to the management of organisations within a changing business environment.
You will develop a systematic understanding of key aspects of business management through a coherent programme of study which will enable you to undertake research in to key business topics and to prepare you for a career in business and/or management within a sector of your choice. Career and professional skills development is an integral feature of this programme as is a placement year either in the UK or overseas.
Full downloadable information regarding all University of Suffolk courses, including Key Facts, Course Aims, Course Structure and Assessment, is available in the Definitive Course Record.
Career and employability opportunities are integral to the delivery of the programme. Industry visits and visiting speakers enhance teaching, learning and assessment in a large number of modules. Employers are involved in the assessment of some assignments and offer a range of internships as appropriate.
Careers that graduates may progress into:
- Event management
- Hotel management
- Conference centre management
- Restaurant/Public House management
- Outdoor activities/education management
- Marketing executive
- Charity fundraiser
- Public relations
- Tourism officer
Fees and finance
- Full-time tuition fee: £9,250 p.a.
- Part-time tuition fee: £1,454 per 20 credits (Please contact the Infozone for further information)
- International tuition fee: £11,790 p.a.
- Detailed information about Tuition Fees.
- Find out more about Financial Support eligibility.
- Also see Loans and Grants.
- At University of Suffolk, your tuition fees provide access to all the usual teaching and learning facilities that you would expect. However, there may be additional costs associated with your course that you will need to budget for.
Applicants may be expected to attend an interview as part of the application process.
If you have previously studied at higher education level before you may be able to transfer credits to a related course at the University of Suffolk and reduce the period of study time necessary to achieve your degree.