Billericay Educational Consortium
One year full-time.
Qualifications and management experience will be considered on an individual basis.
Please see Entry Requirements below.
* Subject to validation
We offer a 1-year course leading to recommendation for Qualified Teacher Status and a PGCE (60 Master level credits). The programme offers a real balance between hands on classroom experiences and the theory underpinning educational practice.
Why train with us?
- Extensive experience as an initial teacher training provider of 24 years rated 'Outstanding' by Ofsted
- A partnership of 50 schools offering diverse settings to provide you with the knowledge and experience to deal with the many different types of challenges you will face
- Pre-course induction three weeks following the interview day to fully prepare you for the course
- Experience in a school setting for a minimum of 120 days from the very start of your training developing you as a well-rounded teaching professional teaching a range of classes covering age range 5-11
- Engaging workshops covering all the curriculum subjects and broad professional studies (behaviour management, special educational needs, phonics, English as an additional language, PSHE, planning, assessment, teacher and the law) delivered by outstanding practicing teachers providing a wealth of resources to inspire pupils
- Experienced school mentors providing excellent guidance and support tailored to your specific needs to gain recommendation for Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- Opportunities to experience different learning environments within the training year including Early Years,Special Schools, Pupil Referral Units and schools with a large percentage of pupils with English as an additional language
- Opportunity to teach for a minimum of 6 weeks in another school offering diversity and in another Key Stage to expand your knowledge and skills of teaching and learning and help you decide what sort of school you wish to start your NQT year.
Full downloadable information regarding all University of Suffolk courses, including Key Facts, Course Aims, Course Structure and Assessment, is available in the Definitive Course Record.
Further information about the University's relationship with the National College of Teaching and Leadership (NCTL) and Ofsted is available in the PSRB register.
Any offer of a place will be subject to:
- a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check
- an interview
IELTS 6.5 overall (minimum 5.5 in all components) where English is not the students' first language.
Applicants who do not hold English, Mathematics or Science GCSE grade C (grade 4) or a recognised equivalent, will need to apply to take an equivalency test. We accept equivalency tests from:
- A* Star Teachers - tel (020) 7272 7070
- Equivalency Testing - tel 01277 203336
Also see International and EU.
If you have previously studied at higher education level before you may be able to transfer credits to a related course at the University of Suffolk and reduce the period of study time necessary to achieve your degree.