Javiera Atenas is a Senior Lecturer in Learning and Teaching and Enhancement and leads the Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Practice (PgCAP).
Javiera holds a degree in library and information Science (UTEM, Chile) an MSc in Knowledge Management (HAW, Germany) and a PhD in Education (UB, Spain). She has been working in HE in Europe, Latin America and the Middle East as a lecturer, researcher and policy advisor in openness to education, science and data.
In the last years her work has been focusing in developing critical data literacies amongst academics and supporting institutions in developing open education and science policies. From 2019, she has been leading a policy advisory team at the OE Policy Hub – Lab to support the implementation of the UNESCO Recommendations for Open Education to develop national and institutional policies, as part of the work of the Open Education UNESCO coalition. Also, she is a member of the implementation working group at Open Data Charter, a member of the European Open Education Policy Forum and board of the Open Education Working Group, Open Knowledge International. Also, she is a member of the committee for recognition and enhancement of teaching skills in the HE sector for the Italian National Evaluation Agency for HE (ANVUR).
Her latest publications
- Atenas, Javiera. (2021). The Datafied Present and Future. In Understanding Data: Praxis and politics. UK: HDI - Data, Praxis and Politics. http://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.4698609
- Ebner, M., Schön, S., Atenas, J., Havemann, L., Nascimbeni, F., & Neumann, Jan L. (2020). Ressourcen und Werkzeuge für die Entwicklung einer OER-Policy an Hochschulen. Gemeinsamer Report von TU Graz, Open Education Austria Advanced, OER World Map und Open Education Policy Hub. Graz: TU Graz. DOI: http://doi.org/10.13140/RG.2.2.13705.47207/1
- Atenas, J., Havemann, L., & Timmermann C. (2020). Critical literacies for a datafied society: academic development and curriculum design in higher education. Research in Learning Technology, 28. https://doi.org/10.25304/rlt.v28.2468
- Atenas, J. Havemann, L., Neumann, J. & Stefanelli, C. (2020). Open Education Policies: Guidelines for co-creation. OE Policy Lab & Hub Publications. http://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.4032994
- Atenas, J. & Havemann, L. (2019) Open Data and Education. In T. Davies, S. Walker, M. Rubinstein, & F. Perini (Eds.), The State of Open Data: Histories and Horizons. Cape Town and Ottawa: African Minds and International Development Research Centre. 10.5281/zenodo.2677851
Full list of publications