The University of Suffolk is committed to encouraging sustainable and greener travel for our staff and students along with benefits and incentives.
Here you can find ways in which the University can support you in adopting an eco-friendly way of travelling to and from the University. More information can be found within the Sustainable Travel Plan.
EV Charge Points
Part of our Carbon plan is decarbonisation across the estate. This has given us the opportunity to install car charging facilities for electric vehicle. Four charging stations up to 7.2kw are available on North Campus with a view of more units to be installed if there is a clear uptake in use.
Cycling to Campus
As part of the University's strategy to reduce carbon footprint, encourage greener travel to campus and lower the amount of traffic in the community, on-street bike pumps will be installed on campus for those who wish to cycle to and from the campus. There are also bike stores situated outside all main campuses which are covered where possible and some areas are monitored by 24 hour CCTV cameras.
To encourage the use of bikes when travelling to and from the university, the following benefits are available:
- Discounted bicycles through the 'cycle to work' scheme.
- Pool bicycles and equipment for staff to use on work related journeys.
- Bike locker storage for staff helmets and other equipment.
- Shower facilities and lockers for both pedestrian and cyclist use.
Bicycle Racks can be found:
- The University Car Park outside the Library Building (Covered)
- Rear of Waterfront Building (Covered with CCTV Cameras)
- Front of Waterfront Building on the Plaza
- Rear of James Hehir Building
- The Wharf Car Park (26 spaces of which 5 spaces are covered)