London School of Commerce, Malta
The graduation ceremony for the University of Suffolk students from London School of Commerce, Malta will take place on Monday 11 December 2023 at 14:00 at Hilton Malta’s Grandmaster Suite, Portomaso, St Julian’s, Malta.
Information about the event is provided below.
If your award is being conferred in October, it is important that you complete the Graduation Registration form in OASIS when you receive your email from the University of Suffolk Graduation Office in August. The registration process will include checking your name, confirming your address and registering your interest in attending, or not attending, your graduation ceremony. Booking your attendance at your graduation ceremony will then be managed by LSC Malta on your behalf. Please make sure therefore that LSC Malta hold your accurate details.
Whether you wish to attend your ceremony or not, it is important that LSC Malta have a correct record of your name and the address where you can be contacted until January 2024. If you are not attending and we do not have your correct address details, you may not receive your certificate.
For graduates whose awards were conferred at an earlier point in time (April 2023 or before) but would like to register your interest in attending the graduation ceremony, please email London School of Commerce, Malta (email@example.com).
Initial allocation - There is no charge for graduands, however you will require a ticket for all guests you wish to bring to your ceremony. Guest tickets cost €20 each. Tickets will be checked at the venue so guests must keep hold of their ticket. Ticket information will be available via the LSC Malta campus and please direct any queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All guest tickets must be paid for by Monday 6 November 2023. You will receive an email from LSC Malta with details of how to purchase your tickets following completion of the online graduation registration form.
Additional tickets - If there are any extra guest tickets remaining after this deadline, all graduates who have registered to attend will be notified by email about the availability of additional tickets, when they will be offered for sale and how to purchase them. Any additional tickets available will be sold on a first come, first served basis and there is no guarantee that there will be any additional tickets available after 6 November.
Arrangements can be made for students or guests with special requirements. Students are asked to notify us in advance of any special arrangements they or their guests require when they purchase their tickets.
Academic dress - Graduands must wear academic gowns for the ceremony. We are using the graduation services of Natasha’s, who provide a high-quality service that covers all the needs and requirements of graduation.
Please order your gown by emailing email@example.com at least three weeks before the ceremony.
We strongly recommend that you order your gown as soon as possible, and at least three weeks before your graduation ceremony.
All gowns should then be returned to Natasha’s by Thursday 14 December 2023.
Photography - Gino Galea Photo Artist Studio is the appointed official photographer for the ceremony. Their graduation portrait service will be available on the day but photos MUST be PRE-BOOKED by 10 November 2023. You should direct any queries that you may have to firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.
Please inform us if you do not wish to be part of the official photographs that may be used for publicity purposes.
Registration and gowning will commence at 12:30 at a designated area in Hilton Malta and you are advised to arrive as early as possible to allow plenty of time for gowning and photographs. You must be gowned by 13:00 at the latest.
On arrival at Hilton Malta, graduates must register at the graduation registration desk located at the Grandmaster Suite entrance before gowning and having any photographs taken. You and your guests should be seated in the Grandmaster Suite by 13:30 at the very latest. Graduates will be seated in designated rows. The ceremony takes approximately one hour to an hour and a half.
Following the ceremony, a celebratory reception will take place in the Hilton’s Grandmaster Foyer.
A letter of congratulation will be handed to graduates on the day as you proceed across the stage. The actual Certificates will be available to graduates the week after the ceremony, from the LSC Malta campus. If you have changed your name without notifying the University of Suffolk, or we appear to hold your name incorrectly, please indicate this when completing the online graduation registration form. It is for each student to ensure that the details supplied to the University are correct.
If you do not attend the ceremony and have completed the graduation registration form in OASIS, your certificate will be posted to the LSC Malta campus and available the week after the graduation ceremony.
Whether you choose to attend your ceremony or not, it is important that you complete your online graduation registration form so that we have a correct record of your name and the address where you can be contacted until the end of January 2024. If you are not attending and we do not have your correct address details, you will not receive your certificate.
For graduates whose awards were conferred at an earlier point in time (April 2023 or before), certificates have already been posted to the LSC Malta campus.
Am I eligible to attend a graduation ceremony?
- You will only be able to register for the graduation ceremony once the Assessment Board has confirmed that you have successfully completed your award and if you have settled all outstanding tuition fee debts with the University of Suffolk. If you have outstanding work, there are Assessment Boards on 1 September 2023.
Where and when is my graduation ceremony?
- Hilton Malta’s Grandmaster Suite, Portomaso, St Julian’s, at 14:00 on Monday 11 December 2023.
Is there anything I must do in preparation for my graduation?
- You must complete the Graduation Registration form in OASIS and ensure that LSC Malta hold your correct details ahead of noon (UK time) on Tuesday 19 September 2023 at the latest.
- You must keep LSC Malta informed if you change your name and/or address.
- You must hire your academic dress from Natasha’s in Attard (email@example.com) at least three weeks before the ceremony.
- You must pay for your guest tickets by Monday 6 November 2023 (details on any additional tickers will be provided by email following this date).
- You must ensure that you have no outstanding tuition fee debts to the University of Suffolk.
How many guests can I bring?.
- You may apply to bring as many guests as you wish (subject to availability). All guests will require a ticket.
Can young children attend the ceremony?
- Young children are welcome to attend the ceremony. However, if they create a disturbance their guardian may be asked to take the child outside the venue.
I am (or a member of my party is) disabled, what should I do?
- Please contact the Director of Studies, Krystal Sant via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on (00356) 22478700 so that arrangements can be made in advance to provide assistance for you or your guest.
How long will the ceremony last?
- The ceremony will last approximately an hour to an hour and a half, followed by the reception.
When do I need to arrive at Hilton Malta prior to the ceremony?
- You are asked to arrive at least an hour and a half before the ceremony to allow time to gown. This also allows plenty of time for photographs and to be seated before the start of the ceremony.
What should I wear?
- You are asked to dress smartly and students must hire a gown in order to participate in the ceremony. Please bear in mind that the hood of your academic dress will need something to attach to at the front. In most instances a button should be fine, but on some garments pinning may be necessary.
I am not sure if I have any outstanding debts to the University of Suffolk, should I check?
- Yes. Any student with outstanding monies will be unable to attend their graduation ceremony and their certificate will be withheld. If you are in doubt, please check with London School of Commerce, Malta.
- You should also check with the London School of Commerce, Malta to make sure that you have returned all your library books and paid any library fines.