British School of Commerce
The graduation ceremony for University of Suffolk students from British School of Commerce will take place on Monday 30 October 2023 at 09.30 at Bandaranaike Memorial International Conference Hall, Bauddhaloka Mawatha, Colombo 07, Sri Lanka.
Information about the event is provided below.
If your award is being conferred in October, it is important that you complete the Graduation Registration form in OASIS when you receive your email from the University of Suffolk Graduation Office in August. The registration process will include checking your name, confirming your address and registering your interest in attending, or not attending, your graduation ceremony. Booking your attendance at your graduation ceremony will then be managed by BSC Colombo on your behalf. Please make sure therefore that BSC Colombo hold your accurate details.
Whether you wish to attend your ceremony or not, it is important that BSC Colombo have a correct record of your name and the address where you can be contacted until December 2023. If you are not attending and we do not have your correct address details, you may not receive your certificate.
For graduates whose awards were conferred at an earlier point in time (April 2023 or before) but would like to register your interest in attending the graduation ceremony, please email the British School of Commerce (email@example.com).
Initial allocation – Graduands will be required to pay a nominal fee of Rs. 5000. You will also require a ticket for all guests you wish to bring to your ceremony. Two guest tickets are included in the nominal fee, and you may bring a maximum of two guests aged 6 years or over. Tickets will be checked at the venue so guests must keep hold of their ticket. Tickets will be available via the BSC Colombo campus and please direct any queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tickets must be paid for at the BSC campus on 13, 14 or 15 October 2023. You will receive an email from BSC with further details of how to purchase your tickets following completion of the University of Suffolk Graduation Registration form in OASIS.
Additional tickets - If there are any extra guest tickets remaining, all graduates who register to attend will be offered any additional tickets that may be available for sale at the BSC campus on 13, 14 and 15 October 2023 (at a cost of Rs. 3000 each). Any additional tickets available will be sold on a first come, first served basis. There is no guarantee that there will be any additional tickets available and no additional tickets can be reserved in advance.
Arrangements can be made for students or guests with special requirements. Students are asked to notify us in advance of any special arrangements they or their guests require when they purchase their tickets.
Academic dress - Graduands must wear academic gowns for the ceremony. We are using the graduation services of a local supplier who provide a cost effective, high quality service that covers all the needs and requirements of graduation.
Arrangements are in place for you to be able to rent your gown, hat and hood from the BSC campus on 13, 14 and 15 October 2023 between 10.00 and 16.00. A deposit of Rs. 8150 (cash only) must be made at this time and you shall also be given your name tag and seat number at this time.
You should direct any queries that you may have to email@example.com in the first instance.
Photography - the appointed official photographers for the ceremony shall also be present at the BSC campus on 13, 14 and 15 October 2023 between 10.00 and 16.00 and you can discuss and book your requirements with them. Their graduation portrait service will be available on the day and can be booked separately, but please note that photography must be pre-booked and pre-paid as payment will not be available on the day itself. You should direct any queries that you may have to firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.
Please inform us if you do not wish to be part of the official photographs that may be used for publicity purposes.
Registration and photography will commence at 07.00 at BMICH Sapphire Hall and you are advised to arrive as early as possible to allow plenty of time for photographs as these will not be taken after 09.00.
You and your guests should be seated in BMICH Main Hall by 09.00 at the very latest. Graduates will be seated in designated rows on the ground floor, guests in the balcony. The ceremony takes approximately two and a half hours.
Following the ceremony (approximately 12 noon), refreshments will be provided at the venue, in adherence with their health guidelines.
All gowns and hats should be returned to the designated point at which point Rs. 5000 shall be refunded. You are able to keep the hood as a memento.
A letter of congratulation will be handed to graduates on the day as you process across the stage. The actual Certificates will be available to graduates on the day following the ceremony, from the BSC campus. If you have changed your name without notifying the University of Suffolk, or we appear to hold your name incorrectly, please indicate this when completing the online graduation registration form in OASIS. It is the responsibility of each student to ensure that the details held by the University and BSC are correct.
If you do not attend the ceremony but have completed the graduation registration process, your certificate will be posted to the BSC campus and available the day after the graduation ceremony.
Whether you choose to attend your ceremony or not, it is important that we have a correct record of your name and the address where you can be contacted until the end of December 2023. If you are not attending and we do not have your correct address details, you will not receive your certificate.
For graduates whose awards were conferred at an earlier point in time (April 2023 or before), certificates have already been posted to the BSC campus.
Am I eligible to attend a graduation ceremony?
- You will only be able to register for the graduation ceremony once the Assessment Board has confirmed that you have successfully completed your award and if you have settled all outstanding tuition fee debts with the University of Suffolk. If you have outstanding work, there are Assessment Boards on 4 September 2023.
Where and when is my graduation ceremony?
- Bandaranaike Memorial International Conference Hall, Colombo 07, at 09.30 on Monday 30 October 2023.
Is there anything I must do in preparation for my graduation?
- You must ensure that you complete the University of Suffolk Graduation Registration form in OASIS and that BSC hold your correct details ahead of noon (UK time) on Tuesday 19 September 2023 at the latest.
- You must keep BSC informed if you change your name and/or address.
- You must hire your academic dress from the BSC campus on 13, 14 or 15 October 2023.
- You can pay for additional guest tickets on 13, 14 or 15 October 2023.
- You must ensure that you have no outstanding tuition fee debts to the University of Suffolk.
How many guests can I bring?
- You may bring at least two guests aged 6 years or over (more if there is availability). All guests will require a ticket.
What if I want to bring more than two guests?
- If there are guest tickets remaining on 13, 14 or 15 October 2023, all graduates who have registered to attend will be offered any additional guest tickets for purchase at a cost of Rs. 3000 each, for sale at the BSC campus. If available, additional tickets will be sold on a first come, first served basis. There is no guarantee that there will be any additional tickets available and no additional tickets can be reserved in advance. If you know that you definitely require more than two guest tickets, we would suggest that you may also ask your fellow graduands to see if they have any spare tickets.
Can young children attend the ceremony?
- Young children are welcome to attend the ceremony if they are aged at least six years. However, if they create a disturbance their guardian may be asked to take the child outside the venue.
I am (or a member of my party is) disabled, what should I do?
- Please contact the team at email@example.com so that arrangements can be made in advance to provide assistance for you or your guest.
How long will the ceremony last?
- The ceremony will last approximately two and a half hours, followed by refreshments.
When do I need to arrive at BMICH prior to the ceremony?
- You are asked to arrive at 07.00 on the day to allow plenty of time for photographs and to be seated before the start of the ceremony.
What should I wear?
- You are asked to dress smartly and students must hire a gown in order to participate in the ceremony. Please bear in mind that the hood of your academic dress will need something to attach to at the front. In most instances a button should be fine, but on some garments pinning may be necessary.
I am not sure if I have any outstanding debts to the University of Suffolk, should I check?
- Yes. Any student with outstanding monies will be unable to attend their graduation ceremony and their certificate will be withheld. If you are in doubt, please check with the British School of Commerce.
- You should also check with the British School of Commerce to make sure that you have returned all your library books and paid any library fines.