As a part-time lecturer in Suffolk Business School, Simon teaches human resource management to post graduate students. For the balance of his time he consults and advises on human resource management.
Following a career in the UK energy sector (until 1999 as Head of Human Resources at Eastern Group plc), Simon has undertaken a range of assignments as a consultant. As a Director of energypeople limited he advises on HR, organisation and governance matters working mainly in the energy sector. Countries of work experience include Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Nepal, Nigeria, Oman and Ukraine. Although working primarily in energy he has also advised a range of other public and private sector organisations on employment matters.
Simon has been a member of the UK’s Central Arbitration Committee (2000 to 2020), an Independent Assessor for Public Appointments (2002 to 2011) and served on other bodies.
- BA Honours Politics and Economics (1973 University of Newcastle)
- MA Industrial Relations (1984 Warwick University Business School)
- Fellow, Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development
- Fellow, Higher Education Academy
- energypeople limited (2000 to date) Director
- Eastern Group plc (1995 to 1999) Head of Human Resources
- Early career in the electricity sector, mainly in human resources
TEACHING & LEARNING ACTIVITY
Post graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management (interests – people strategy, resourcing, reward and international HR)