Professor of renewable Energy, Lecturing and research into renewable energy and power generation. Director of ARBOR “The European center of excellence for Biomass to Energy, a €7.3 million project leading 13 European partners, funded by INTEREG. (2009 to date).
Senior Lecturer (1985 - 2001), Reader (2001 - 2009) at Staffordshire University.
Industrial Experience includes Heat exchanger design, biomass for energy, power plants, cogeneration and trigeneration.
BSc Mechanical Engineering; MSc Computational Thermo-Fluid Mechanics; PhD renewable Energy - Wave Power; Course Leader for MSc Renewable Energy; PhD supervision - currently 4 PhD student as principal supervisor and 3 PhD student - second supervisor.
CEng, chartered engineer; PhD external examiner for the University of Newcastle; External examiner for engineering undergraduate and MSc courses at Harper Adam University.
- “A guide to the design and installation of plastic pipeline systems” Co-authors: Mr Mike Greig, EFFAST (UK) Ltd; ISBN: 189-789-8819.(2000).
- “Design of a 20kW Biomass Heat Generator: CFD Modelling and Dissociation”, S. Oberweis and T.T. Al-Shemmeri, VDM Verlag, ISBN-13: 978-3639159226. (2008)
- “Instrumentation and Measurements: Basic Principles Worked Examples and Tutorial Problems and Laboratory Exercises”, T.T. Al-Shemmeri, VDM Verlag, ISBN-13: 978-3639206425. (2009).
- “Wind Turbines” – T.T. Al-Shemmeri, published by Bookboon.com (Ventus Publishing ApS), ISBN 978-87-7681-692-6. (2010).
- “Engineering Thermodynamics” – T.T. Al-Shemmeri, published by Bookboon.com (Ventus Publishing ApS), ISBN 978-87-7681-670-4,(2011)
- “Engineering Thermodynamics Solutions Manual” – T.T. Al-Shemmeri, published by Bookboon.com (Ventus Publishing ApS), ISBN 978-87-403-0267-7. (2012).
- “Energy Audits: A Workbook for Energy Management in Buildings” – T.T. Al-Shemmeri, published by Wiley; ASIN: B005HF2HB8.(2011).
- Small and micro combined heat and power (CHP) system, chapter in a book, published by woodhead publishing; ISBN:978 1 84569 795 2.(2011).
- “Engineering Fluid Mechanics” – T.T. Al-Shemmeri, published by Bookboon.com (Ventus Publishing ApS), ISBN: 978-87-403-0114-4.(2012).
- “Engineering Fluid Mechanics Solutions Manual” – T.T. Al-Shemmeri, published by Bookboon.com (Ventus Publishing ApS), ISBN: 978-87-403-0263-9. (2012).
- “Conventional and Alternative power generation” text book publication in progress with Wiley.
- Y.D.Wang, T.Al-Shemmeri, P. Eames, J. McMullan, N. Hewitt, Y.Huang & S. Rezvani. An experimental investigation of the performance of gaseous exhaust emissions of a diesel engine using blends of vegetable oil. Journal of Applied Thermal Engineering, Elsevier, vol.26, 2006, pp1684-1691.
- L Lin, Y Wang, T Al-Shemmeri, S Zeng, J Huang, Y He, X Huang, S Li, J Yang “Characteristics of a diffusion absorption refrigerator driven by the waste heat from engine exhaust “ Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part E: Journal of Process Mechanical Engineering. Volume 220, Number 3 / 2006, pp139-149.
- Al-Shemmeri TT, Oberweis S. “Correlation of NOx Emissions with Flame Temperature in Biodiesel Combustion”, Applied Thermal Engineering 31, pp.1682-1688, 2011
- Oberweis S, Al-Shemmeri TT. “Emissions and Performance of a Stationary Diesel Engine run on Biodiesel Blends”, International Journal of Oil, Gas and Coal Technology, vol. 4. No.4, 2011, 375-386.
- Oberweis S, Al-Shemmeri TT. “Gamma-Stirling Engine – The Effect of Different Working Gases and Pressures”, Conference Proceedings ICREPQ’11, ISSN 2172-038X, 13-15 April, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria (Spain), 2011
- Oberweis S, Al-Shemmeri TT. “Performance and Emissions Evaluation of Absorption Refrigeration Cooling from Biomass Waste Heat. CIBSE Technical Symposium, De Montfort University, Leicester (UK), 6-7 September 2011.
- Hooper, P.R., Al-Shemmeri, T. and Goodwin, M.J. – "Advanced modern low emission two-stroke cycle engines” (Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part D: Journal of Automobile Engineering. Vol. 225 No.11, November 2011).
- Hooper, P.R., Al-Shemmeri, T. and Goodwin, M.J. –“An experimental and analytical investigation of a multi-fuel stepped piston engine” Journal of Applied Thermal Engineering. Vol. 48 (2012).
- Oberweis S, Al-Shemmeri TT. “Performance Evaluation of a Lithium-Chloride Absorption Refrigeration and an Assessment of Its Suitability for Biomass Waste Heat”, Appl. Sci. 2012, 2, 709-725; ISSN 2076-3417.
- T.T. Al-Shemmeri, R. Yedla and D. Wardle. “Thermal Characteristics of Various Biomass Fuels in a Small Scale Biomass Combustor” Journal of Applied Thermal Engineering, vol. 85 (2015)
- T. Al-Shemmeri & L. Naylor “Energy saving in UK FE colleges: The relative importance of the socio-economic groups and environmental attitudes of employees”. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, vol. 68 (2017)
- P. Hooper & T. Al-Shemmeri “Improved efficiency of an unmanned air vehicle IC engine using computational modelling and experimental verification”. Aircraft Engineering and Aerospace Technology, vol. 89, issue 1 (2017).
- Tarik Al-Shemmeri, Lucy Naylor “Drivers For Energy Conservation Within Further Educational Environments”. Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews
- Tarik Al-Shemmeri, Lucy Naylor “Promotion of Environmental Issues Within a Student Population In a Further Educational Establishment”. Journal: Journal of Cleaner Production.
- Derek Wardle, Tarik Al-Shemmeri, Neil Packer “The Development and Testing of a Small Scale Dry Electrostatic Precipitator for the Removal of Particulate Matter”. International Journal of Environmental, Chemical, Ecological, Geological and Geophysical Engineering. Vol:11, No:2, Year:2017. https://waset.org/Publications?q=wardle&search=Search
- Munyeowaji Mbikan , Tarik Al-Shemmeri “Computational Model of a Biomass Driven Absorption Refrigeration System”. International journal of Energies 2017, 10(2), 234.