The second BME Business Awards for Suffolk has taken place at the University of Suffolk.
The event, organised in partnership with the Bangladeshi Support Centre, followed the success of last year to celebrate the contributions made by businesses of all types that are run and managed by members of BME communities across the county.
The winners were announced as:
- Start-up/New Business of the Year – The Sheesh
- Community Business of the Year – Delta Pharmacy
- Charity of the Year – Anglo-Chinese Cultural Exchange
- Business Person of the Year – Zeaur Rahman (Baba-Z Ltd)
- Woman Entrepreneur of the Year – Kashwi Shahid (Zaika Indian Cuisine)
- Business of the Year – Kaspas Deserts
- Judges’ Special Award – Nurjahan Begum (Zahraa Professional Tailoring)
The Awards formed part of the Suffolk Business Festival which included talks by Ensors on Women and Innovation, a keynote by the Director of the High Pay Centre and a discussion on why cultural tourism matters to the county.
University of Suffolk Press Office
T: 01473 338476