University of Suffolk Bursary 23-24
The University of Suffolk offers a bursary for students in the academic year 2023-24. The start of an academic year varies and are in line with the course start month.
The Application Form will be available 3 months prior to course start date. The applications close some months post the start date, at this point all applications will be considered up to the deadline date.
Successful applicants will receive a £500 bursary in each academic year of study – maximum of 3 years (dependent on successful progression and continuing to meet eligibility criteria). Successful applications will be automatically reassessed each year. In the event a successful application receives a not eligible outcome upon automatic assessment, the award will cease. If the student is in an intercalating from studies, no payment will be awarded during this period however the application will be auto assessed in line with our published dates below upon return to study.
To be eligible for the Bursary 2023 Entry, you need to meet all the following criteria:
- Be a new student to the University of Suffolk in 2023-24. Students who have previously studied at the University will not be eligible.
- Be in the first year of your course.
- Be studying full-time or part-time (studying at least 50% of the Full Time Equivalent) towards a Foundation/bachelor’s degree or Integrated Master's degree.
- Be paying tuition fees of £8,220 (Foundation degree), £9,250 (Bachelor’s/Integrated master’s degree), £11,100 (Accelerated degree) or £6,618 (HND/HNC) – pro rata for part time students.
- Be assessed by Student Loans Company (SLC) as having household income of £25,000 or less as at the application closing date.
- Have been assessed by the University as a “Home” fee paying student (Overseas students are not eligible for this bursary).
- Be in continued attendance on the course on which you enrolled as at the date of payment.
- Have made a means-tested Student Finance application by the bursary closing date, with the University of Suffolk as the chosen institution, and given consent to the sharing of financial details. Failure to do this will result in the University of Suffolk being unable to verify students' household income.
- There will be no backdated payments.
- Students who are eligible for the Alumni Postgraduate Loyalty Scheme will not be eligible for this bursary.
For new undergraduate students in 2023-24 who are Asylum-Seekers, eligibility criteria and the application is available at Asylum-Seekers Support.
If applications for the bursary exceed the number of allocations, awards will be subject to additional academic criteria. For full bursary and Scholarship information please visit Brightspace.
The closing date for applications is based on the month in which your course started.
|Course Start Month||Application Deadline|
Applications will be assessed after the closing date, and you should expect to be notified of the outcome within before the published payment date.
Awards are expected to be paid in two equal instalments, based on the month in which your course started.
|Course Start Month||Bursary Payment Dates (last working day)|
|September 2023||Feb and May 2024|
|October 2023||Feb and May 2024|
|November 2023||Feb and May 2024|
|December 2023||Feb and May 2024|
|January 2024||May and Aug 2024|
|February 2024||May and Aug 2024|
|March 2024||May and Aug 2024|
|April 2024||Oct 2024 and Feb 2025|
|May 2024||Oct 2024 and Feb 2025|
|June 2024||Feb and May 2025|
|July 2024||Feb and May 2025|
|August 2024||Feb and May 2025|