Full time, permanent
The University of Suffolk is one of the newest universities in the UK. In the last year we have seen significant rises in the Guardian University Guide and Complete University Guide league tables, and our research has been rated as ‘world-leading’ and ‘internationally excellent’ in the latest Research Excellence Framework. We now seek to appoint a dynamic and experienced UKVI compliance specialist to join our fast-paced and growing International Office.
The UKVI Compliance Manager is a new role working collaboratively with colleagues across External Relations, Student Life and Registry Services, and the Centre for Academic and International Partnerships.
We now seek to welcome an experienced and dynamic compliance specialist to provide a dedicated and centralised resource of expertise and ownership of all matters relating to student visas, immigration, compliance, and institutional sponsorship duties. The successful candidate will:
- Provide centralised expertise on all matters relating to student visas, immigration, compliance, and institutional sponsorship duties, to ensure the University successfully passes each annual Basic Compliance Assessment (BCA) and complies with UKVI regulations.
- Lead on and oversee processes for monitoring attendance and immigration status of visa-sponsored students, providing advice and supporting implementation where action is required, ensuring such processes are regularly reviewed and continuously improved.
- Maintain an excellent working knowledge of UKVI guidance and other relevant legislation or requirements, engage with updates and ensure that these are reflected accurately in relevant policies and procedures in collaboration with relevant teams, reporting any risks and their mitigation to the University’s UKVI Authorising Officer.
If you wish to join a forward-thinking and ambitious institution at an exciting time during its growth journey, get in touch for an informal conversation with Chantalle Hawley, Assistant Director of Student Life firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 15 August 2022, 12pm
Interview date: Monday 22 August 2022
We are a values driven organisation, committed to ensuring we remain a beacon for aspiration and achievement, while providing a great environment to work and study.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, staff engagement forums, campus facilities and services to support staff from different backgrounds. If you share our values and our vision, you will find a home at the University of Suffolk.
How to apply:
- Read the Guidance Notes and Privacy Notice
- If you think you might need a visa to work in the UK, please check your eligibility here BEFORE you apply for the role.
- Fill in the Application Cover Sheet
- Fill in the Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form
- Attach a curriculum vitae and a covering letter setting out clearly how you meet the essential and desirable criteria for the post
Please return them as Word (.doc) or Rich Text Format (.rtf) attachments by email to email@example.com including the post title and reference number in the email subject heading.
If you a have a disability and need to use a different method to apply for the role then please contact our recruitment team so we can make the adjustments to the process for you. firstname.lastname@example.org
After submitting your application, if you have not heard from us before the interview date shown, please assume you have not been shortlisted for interview.
If you would like to request support or ask questions about any of our vacancies, or us as an employer, please contact us via the email above or by telephoning 01473 338351.
If you would like to view any documents in larger font, please do get in touch using the contact details above.