Permanent, part time (11.1 hours per week)
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the growing Apprenticeship Hub within the Business Engagement and Entrepreneurship Directorate at the University of Suffolk as a Practice Educator.
This Directorate supports our Academic Schools to connect our subject expertise with industry, transform our local community through knowledge exchange, enhance the student and graduate experience through entrepreneurship and develop our university as a place to do business.
Some of the duties of this post will include, but are not limited to:
- Providing a structured development journey for maximising apprentice potential
- Ensuring progress reviews are held with apprentices and line managers in an organised, professional, and timely manner
- Providing effective feedback to the apprentice on their progress
Identifying issues raised during progress reviews and resolving or channelling them appropriately to ensure that apprentices remain on track
- Managing a diary effectively and efficiently, to ensure that caseload requirements are met
- Ensuring apprentices are safeguarded
To be successful in this role you will have knowledge and understanding of apprenticeship provisions, with experience of coaching or mentoring and delivering workplace training. You must be able to demonstrate good interpersonal skills and bring a proactive, forward-thinking approach to the role, which will effectively support and inspire apprentices to reach their full potential during their learner journey.
Closing date: Wednesday 1st February, 5pm
Interview date: Thursday 9th February 2023
We are a values driven organisation, committed to ensuring we remain a beacon for aspiration and achievement, while providing a great environment to work and study.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, staff engagement forums, campus facilities and services to support staff from different backgrounds. If you share our values and our vision, you will find a home at the University of Suffolk.
How to apply:
- Read the Guidance Notes and Privacy Notice
- If you think you might need a visa to work in the UK, please check your eligibility here BEFORE you apply for the role.
- Fill in the Application Cover Sheet
- Fill in the Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form
- Attach a curriculum vitae and a covering letter setting out clearly how you meet the essential and desirable criteria for the post
Please return them as Word (.doc) or Rich Text Format (.rtf) attachments by email to email@example.com including the post title and reference number in the email subject heading.
If you a have a disability and need to use a different method to apply for the role then please contact our recruitment team so we can make the adjustments to the process for you. firstname.lastname@example.org
After submitting your application, if you have not heard from us before the interview date shown, please assume you have not been shortlisted for interview.
If you would like to request support or ask questions about any of our vacancies, or us as an employer, please contact us via the email above or by telephoning 01473 338351.
If you would like to view any documents in larger font, please do get in touch using the contact details above.