Part time (0.4 FTE), Permanent
Temporary vacancy also available, full time until Sept 2022
*please state which vacancy you are interested in in the Application Cover Sheet*
In the department of Library and Learning Services, we pride ourselves in delivering excellent customer service for all students, staff and visitors to the Library. We currently have a vacancy for a motivated and proactive individual to join our team two days per week. Actual days of work are negotiable.
The post holder will deliver excellent customer service to our customers and provide crucial administrative support. They will purchase and process library resources, collate and record service engagement data, and complete other service-related duties.
Skills required for the role include;
- excellent communication skills
- the ability to remain calm and confident when working with customers and partners
- quick efficient and accurate working to exceed customer expectations and requirements
- excellent problem-solving skills, resourcefulness and initiative
- confident using a variety of IT packages and the ability to pick these up quickly
We are looking for someone to be able to start with us as soon as possible.
If you would like any further information on this role, please contact Graham Martindale at email@example.com.
Closing date: Monday 18th October, 5pm (extended from 13th)
Interview date: Wednesday 27th October
We are actively committed to growing and supporting a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all backgrounds and communities. We particularly welcome applications from black and ethnic minority candidates and from candidates with a disability who are currently under-represented within our workforce.
We consider flexible working requests for all our vacancies.
How to apply:
- Read the Guidance Notes and Privacy Notice
- If you think you might need a visa to work in the UK, please check your eligibility here BEFORE you apply for the role.
- Fill in the Application Cover Sheet
- Fill in the Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form
- Attach a curriculum vitae and a covering letter setting out clearly how you meet the essential and desirable criteria for the post
Please return them as Word (.doc) or Rich Text Format (.rtf) attachments by email to firstname.lastname@example.org including the post title and reference number in the email subject heading.
If you a have a disability and need to use a different method to apply for the role then please contact our recruitment team so we can make the adjustments to the process for you. email@example.com
After submitting your application, if you have not heard from us before the interview date shown, please assume you have not been shortlisted for interview.
If you would like to request support or ask questions about any of our vacancies, or us as an employer, please contact us via the email above or by telephoning 01473 338351.
If you would like to view any documents in larger font, please do get in touch using the contact details above.