This is an exciting full time, permanent opportunity to support the growing research activity within the University.
About the post
Working as part of the Research Office the post holder will:
- Support the strategic research direction for the University, working with the Head of Research Management, Associate Deans for Research and Knowledge Exchange and Research Institute Directors
- Help maximise our external research income through identifying funding opportunities and supporting the development of high-quality, inter-disciplinary research grant applications
- Enhance our research impact through supporting the development of impact within applications through to monitoring and evaluating impact of existing research projects in preparation for the next Research Excellence Framework (REF)
About the post holder
The post holder will also have experience of working with a wide range of academic research funders, understand the principles of research grant costing, and have experience of working within a research management role. The post holder will also work with senior colleagues within the university, along with external partners, and therefore experience of developing positive working relationships are essential.
If you feel that you could make a positive contribution within this new opportunity, then we would love to hear from you. Please refer to the full job description for further details on the job details and requirement or for an informal discussion about the role, please contact Stephen Walford (email@example.com)
Closing date: Monday 13th February, 5pm
Interview date: TBC
We are a values driven organisation, committed to ensuring we remain a beacon for aspiration and achievement, while providing a great environment to work and study.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, staff engagement forums, campus facilities and services to support staff from different backgrounds. If you share our values and our vision, you will find a home at the University of Suffolk.
How to apply:
- Read the Guidance Notes and Privacy Notice
- If you think you might need a visa to work in the UK, please check your eligibility here BEFORE you apply for the role.
- Fill in the Application Cover Sheet
- Fill in the Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form
- Attach a curriculum vitae and a covering letter setting out clearly how you meet the essential and desirable criteria for the post
Please return them as Word (.doc) or Rich Text Format (.rtf) attachments by email to firstname.lastname@example.org including the post title and reference number in the email subject heading.
If you a have a disability and need to use a different method to apply for the role then please contact our recruitment team so we can make the adjustments to the process for you. email@example.com
After submitting your application, if you have not heard from us before the interview date shown, please assume you have not been shortlisted for interview.
If you would like to request support or ask questions about any of our vacancies, or us as an employer, please contact us via the email above or by telephoning 01473 338351.
If you would like to view any documents in larger font, please do get in touch using the contact details above.