Saturday, 10 November 2018,
09:30 to 15:00
University of Suffolk, Waterfront Building, Waterfront Auditorium.
As a recently established dementia friendly institution, the University of Suffolk are delighted to invite you to attend an Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) funded day of dementia and the arts.
The event will take place on Saturday 10th November and will run from 9.30 am - 3.00 pm.
At the heart of the day will be a performance by the internationally acclaimed physical theatre company, Gecko - drawing on the experiences of those living with dementia and carers.
The finalised programme and timings will be published nearer to the time, however the event will also include:
- 'Living with dementia' talks and personal experiences
- Themed music and video
- A performance by Gecko using age simulation equipment to explore movements
- A performance with carers to explore caring for individuals living with dementia
- A presentation of the results from the evaluation of the Sue Ryder 'Dementia Together' service, in collaboration with the Suffolk Institute of Social and Economic Research (SISER) and the School of Health Sciences at the University of Suffolk
This event is aimed at carers, practitioners, researchers, those living with dementia and members of public.
A full programme of the day will follow.
With thanks to our sponsors and partners:
- Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC)
- Gecko Theatre Company
- Orwell Housing Association
- Millriver Publicity
- Sue Ryder