Tuesday, 24 July 2018,
10:00 to 16:30
Waterfront Auditorium, University of Suffolk, 19 Neptune Quay, Ipswich, IP4 1QJ
This is the second Focus on Survivors Conferenfce, where we will be launching our follow up research 'I'll be a survivor for the rest of my life' - Understanding adult survivors of childhood sexual abuses' experiences of support services.
The conference aims to bring together all those involved in delivering or commissioning services for survivors of childhood sexual abuse (including practitioners, commisioners, statutory & VCS providers) to better understand and improve the journeys that survivors navigate. We are aiming to generate interactive discussions, networking opportunities and promote examples of excellent and innovative practice.
Confirmed speakers and panel members include (final programme to be confirmed closer to the event):
- Baroness Helen Newlove - Victims Commissioner
- Kate Davies, OBE - NHS England Director of Health & Justice, Armed Forces and Sexual Assault Services Commissioning.
- Hong Tan - National Lead for SARCs and Partnership Working for NHS England
- Professor Emma Bond - University of Suffolk
- Professor Noel Smith, Dr Cristian Dogaru - authors of Focus on Survivors 'Hear Me, Believe Me, Respect Me' (2015)
- A Father's account
- Dr Warren Larkin - Clinical Lead for Department of Health, Adverse Childhood Experience Programme & Consultatnt Clinical Psychologist
- Cassandra Harrison - Director, Centre of Expertise on Child Sexual Health
- Fiona Ellis - Founder & CEO Survivors in Transition
- Duncan Craig - CEO Survivors Manchester
- Tom Leavesley - Lime Culture
- Dr Verena Braehler - Head of Research IICSA
- Tim Passmore - Suffolk Police & Crime Commissioner