Two years full-time.
Four years part-time.
80 UCAS tariff points (or above), BB (A-Level), DM (BTEC).
Please see entry requirements below.
The course is designed to develop and extend students knowledge and skills to work inclusively with their "clients" as well as working as part of a multi-agency, multi-professional team. Students are encouraged to reflect on their own practice and the practice in their workplace and make links between these and the various theories that form a major part of the course.
This course allows students to progress within their current role and engage with learners more successfully. Graduates will be able to progress to the Honours degree in Inclusive Practice and Integrated Working at the University of Suffolk at Lowestoft College or onto the progression year of other degree courses.
Modules include: Personal and Professional Development, Foundations of Learning and Development, Supporting Additional Needs, Behaviour Awareness, Effective Communication, Multi-Agency Working, Research Methods, Work-based Learning, and a Negotiated Project. Teaching methods used will combine teacher-led and student-led activities and will include lectures, seminars, small group work, workshops and tutorials. All modules are assessed and use a range of methods, including structured essays, reports, case studies, critiques, reviews, presentations and the production of resources. The work placement is an important part of the course as many of the assignments depend upon the student being able to carry out activities with "clients" or draw upon practice in a setting. Full-time students are required to work in an appropriate setting for 20 hours per week. For part-time students this is 10 hours per week. As part of the course students will be gaining knowledge and skills that they can use towards the various teaching qualifications in the Lifelong Learning Sector. Read the full Programme Specification for this course here:
Fees and finance
- Full-time Tuition fee: £8,000 p.a.
- Part-time Tuition fee: £1,330 per 20 credits (Please contact the Infozone for further information).
- International Tuition fee: £10,080 p.a.
- 2017-18 Tuition Fees.
- Find out more about Bursaries and Scholarships eligibility.
- Also see Loans and Grants 2016.
- At the University of Suffolk your tuition fees provide access to all the usual teaching and learning facilities that you would expect. However, there may be additional costs associated with your course that you will need to budget for. See Course Costs.