To introduce participants to a systematic approach to performance management. By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify the stages in the performance management cycle
- Use five questions to support them to move through each stage of the performance management cycle
- Use a dialogue-based approach to performance management
Every individual within an organisation needs to know what is expected of them and how they are doing. This workshop will provide a foundation for the implementation of a system which enables managers to define expectations, measure performance and support individuals to achieve their objectives. As each individual achieves the objectives set for them, so the team, and ultimately the organisation, achieves theirs.
- An introduction the performance management cycle
- The five questions that all employees need to be able to answer
- Tools and techniques that can be used to support employees to answer each of the five questions
- Introduction to using ongoing and continuous dialogue as a tool to support good performance and enable improvement
Individuals who manage one or more team members
With almost 30 years’ experience in HR and Learning and Development, Jackie’s enthusiasm for what she does is evident every time you meet her – virtually or in person! Since becoming a freelance L&D specialist in 2006, Jackie has worked with organisations across the UK and internationally supporting hundreds of individuals to increase their effectiveness in their working lives.
Jackie has been commissioned multiple times to deliver training for staff at the University of Suffolk and she is held in high regard by those who have benefited from her training and expertise. Jackie specialises in working with current and aspiring leaders and managers.
This will be an interactive workshop with a range of individual, small group and large group activities and exercised designed to develop skills and knowledge. All participants will be encouraged to share their ideas and experiences and to create personal action plans for applying their learning back in the workplace
Business Development Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01473 338075.