29th March, 30th March and 1st April 2022.
Three full days - this course will be delivered online but offers the opportunity of face to face learning at the University of Suffolk on the 1st April 2022 for those who would like to attend in person.
Limited places available, apply now!
The intensive three day course is a highly interactive programme, facilitated by an experienced practising director and provides a valuable opportunity for female leaders to explore strategic leadership issues both within and beyond their organisation. This course will also focus on the additional challenges that can be faced by female business leaders.
Benefits of the Leadership for Women’s Programme include:
· A world class strategic leadership programme that combines the latest in leadership thinking with practical techniques which can be applied immediately within your role and organisation
· Exceptional value at a fraction of the cost - the programme is heavily subsidised by the European Social Fund and University of Suffolk
· Build your profile, enhance your performance and drive career progression
· Develop and build a community of female peers and allies
· IoD membership with access to a wealth of benefits including CPD, events, advisory support, a wider network of over 20,000 directors and senior leaders, premises etc.
Strong leadership is increasingly fundamental to the ongoing success of an organisation. During the course participants will gain an understanding of the key competencies required to be an effective leader/director, learn from their peers during discussions, and apply their knowledge during case study-based activities. The course is facilitated by a practising director and subject matter expect, who can draw upon their own experiences and bring real-world examples into the virtual classroom. All participants will, on completion of the programme and the required self-directed study, be eligible to sit the IoD’s Award in Leadership for Directors exam, which is part of the IoD’s Chartered Director pathway.
The programme also includes full IoD membership for one-year, giving participants access to a wealth of benefits including ongoing CPD and a community of thousands of directors and senior leaders.
Following the completion of the programme, participants will be able to:
- Describe some of the characteristics of successful leaders and assess the effectiveness of different leadership styles for women leaders.
- Describe the value that a good awareness of self and others brings to effective female leadership.
- Outline approaches that board members might use to identify and develop leadership talent.
- Identify and evaluate some of the key interpersonal skills required in a leadership role.
- Bring an understanding of board dynamics to the evaluation of high-performing and dysfunctional board behaviour.
- Explain how the board can embed ethical practices in the organisation.
- Create your own network as a female leader.
- Describe the benefits and challenges of leading an environmentally and socially responsible organisation.
This course has been designed for women in business who want to develop their leadership skills.
Dr Deborah Benson: The IoD’s Programme Lead for Leadership, Dr Deborah Benson has a Doctorate in Business and an MBA. Deborah brings both academic rigour and business experience to her course deliveries in leadership and strategy. She has unique experience as the first female Managing Director of a large-scale construction and development company and running three multi-million-pound companies. Deborah has over 20 years’ experience as an executive director in the commercial realm and as a non-executive director in commercial, public and charity sectors. In addition to her large company experience, Deborah has led start-ups and SMEs in board advisory and training roles and understands the unique challenges faced by SME leaders.
The Institute of Directors (IoD) was founded in 1903 and within three years we were awarded a Royal Charter to support, represent and set standards for business leaders nationwide .https://www.iod.com/
Total fee including examination and VAT is now only £750 (available as part of the ICET project only)
There are no pre-requisites to undertake this course, however, to sit the examination, participants must attend and complete the training programme in full.
For virtual delivery, IoD issue comprehensive guidance prior to the programme to optimise the remote learning experience and mitigate the risk of technical issues on the day. Participants will receive these guidelines two weeks prior to the start of the programme and are expected to test the Adobe Connect platform on their desktop first.
All participants receive access to our Digital Academy platform – whether the programme is delivered face-to-face, virtually or a blend of the two. On the platform they will find electronic copies of pre-reading, course materials and exam preparation tests.
The IoD has selected Adobe Connect as its preferred platform, as it has been specifically created for virtual classroom delivery and is the closest platform to emulating the face-to-face training experience delegates are familiar with.
Participants must ensure they have access to appropriate hardware/software and Internet connection for the duration of the course.
This short course is available as part of the In-Career and Education Project (ICET)
ABOUT the ICET Project
The European Social Fund and University of Suffolk are financing ICET, a £1m project to support SMEs to access high quality, immersive digital and professional leadership training. A key element of the ICET project is to promote the progression of women in business and digital arenas. SMEs that register and apply to the ICET project, can request 50% of funding towards high level, immersive courses. The University has partnered with some high calibre national training partners who are have contributed financial discounts and/or tangible professional added value, all of which will be forwarded on to project participants.
For more information on the ICET Project https://www.uos.ac.uk/icet
For any queries or further information, please email email@example.com