Our philanthropic efforts will support our values and operating principles. Funds received are used to support and develop access to our courses and enhance the student experience, alongside making improvements to our facilities and resources that would not otherwise be funded.
Gifts will, unless specified by the donor(s), be directed to Where the Need is Greatest. This will allow us to make gifts across a broad spectrum of areas and impact the largest number of individuals and groups.
Whilst continuing to support projects across the whole institution, the Foundation Board has chosen six areas of special interest, and are particularly keen to talk with potential donors in relation to:
- Social Mobility and Raising Aspirations
- Encouraging and Supporting Under Represented Groups
- Removing hurdles and enabling progress with technology
- Helping Suffolk become more Dementia Aware
- Encouraging and Supporting Sustainability
- Student and Staff Initiated Projects
These philanthropic areas ensure we can use our gifts to make the most impact to our students, staff and the wider university community.
What impact can your gift make?
We have been delighted by the generosity and passion of our Founding Supporters during our inaugral fundraising campaign, and in November 2016 were able to make our first grants to a number of innovative, exciting, important and interesting student and staff projects.
Student Placement Scheme
"I feel the experience has led me to realise that everything is possible."
The purpose of the scheme was to empower the students to help them improve their employability by gaining experience and offering an opportunity to reflect on their experience. It was aimed at students who have had limited opportunities, or limited experience perhaps due to disabilities. The successful students were given paid challenging employment opportunities which should help them to develop the skills they need to compete for jobs.
The projects supported were:
- Student Boost – random acts of kindness to increase the health, happiness and wellbeing of students – Students’ Union
- Refurbishment of the Students’ Union Advice Centre – improve the environment for students
- Toolkit to encourage student engagement with creative problem solving – purchase of kit for Learning Services
- Unlocking, Enabling, Regenerating,: University of Suffolk as the Regional Regenerative Medicine Spotlight – support for resources in this area – Faculty of Health and Science
- Interior Architecture and Design in IE Free Range – support for student led activity – Faculty of Arts, Business and Applied Social Sciences
- Student Placement Scheme – to pilot a scheme providing work experience opportunities for students with learning differences within the University – Student Services
- Netball Kit – new kit for the University team
- Entrepreneur Development Programme – joint project between the Ipswich Waterfront Innovation Centre (IWIC) and Careers to support the development of student led businesses and ambassadors for the Innovation Centre
- Environmental Improvements to Campus North – provide seating and a common area for social use beneath the Library Building – Estates
- Students' Union Minibus - supporting the Students' Union to acquire a minibus for their use and others from the University
We are excited to open our next round of grants to students and staff in the Autumn, you can become a supporter of the University, consider making a gift today.
If you would like to make a gift for a specific purpose or to a specific group, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Corporate Affairs Office on 01473 338737 to discuss your potential donation.