BSc (Hons) Nursing
University of Suffolk covers the costs of:
- Examination fees. However, you may be required to pay for a resit examination if you are scheduled for an exam and are absent without explanation.
- Interlibrary loans
- Printing: Most assignments can be submitted online but not all. Students at our main campus in Ipswich students will be credited with the equivalent of £10 printing/copying at the start of each year. If required, additional printing is charged per sheet via a prepay system.
- The first issue of your ID card although you will be charged £10 to replace a lost card
- Your Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS)
- Your occupational health screening and preparation for practice.
- A clinical uniform for placement.
- You will be reimbursed for placement travel costs provided the journey is longer than that to your base site university facility.
Costs to prepare for:
- Reading Lists - All core texts are available in the campus Library as a short loan, as a reference copy or as an e-book. You may wish to purchase some books. Discounts are available in high street stores if you have an NUS Extra Card (Search online for NUS Extra for more details).
- Students are charged for library resources that are not returned by the due date
- Parking on Campus: Charges are £2 a day. On average, full-time students are on campus 3 days a week if Ipswich is base site. There is a free bus for nursing students from Gt Yarmouth and Bury St Edmunds which students are encouraged to use.
- All dissertation materials. You will need to submit 2 hard copies.