University of Suffolk covers the costs of:
- Examination fees. However, you may be required to pay for a resit examination if you are scheduled for an exam and are absent without explanation.
- Interlibrary loans
- Printing: Most assignments can be submitted online but not all. Students at the main campus in Ipswich will be credited with the equivalent of £10 printing/copying at the start of each year. If required, additional printing is charged per sheet via a prepay system.
- The first issue of your ID card although you will be charged £10 to replace a lost card
- Your Disclosure Barring Service check (DBS)
- For the 3 year course; You will be reimbursed for placement travel costs providing the journey is longer than that to your base site university facility.
- A clinical uniform for placement
Costs to prepare for:
- Reading Lists - All core texts are available in the campus Library as a short loan, as a reference copy or as an e-book. You may wish to purchase some books. Discounts are available in high street stores if you have an NUS Extra Card (Search online for NUS Extra for more details).
- Library resources - charges will be made for library loans not returned by the due date
- Parking on Campus: Charges are £2 per day
- All dissertation materials
- Elective placement - within the final year of the course students are provided with an opportunity to undertake an elective placement. This allows them to consider midwifery from a local, national or even global perspective as they wish. Students will be responsible for meeting all costs associated with the elective placement. Global travel can be expensive and it is worthwhile considering management of these costs at the earliest opportunity