It is my favourite time of year which is the end of autumn / turning into winter which I adore as it is the perfect time of year to wrap up cosy and hibernate in a mountain of blankets. Alternatively it is also the perfect weather for warm and cosy recipes so today I am sharing with you an easy warming soup recipe that can be adapted in temperature depending on your personal preferences! This recipe is also inspired by the boys from Bosh and they have lots of other yummy soup recipes too so be sure to check those out too.
- 1 Butternut Squash
- Chilli flakes (if you like a bit of spice)
- Garlic (as much as desired)
- An onion
- A pepper
- A chilli (optional)
- 1 or 2 cups of vegetable stock (depending on portion size)
- Cut up squash, tomatoes and garlic and lay out on a roasting tin. Season with oil, salt and chilli flakes then roast in an oven for about 30 minutes but keep an eye on the veg so they do not burn.
- Cut up onion, pepper and chilli and fry in a frying pan with more oil.
- Add roasted and fried veg to a saucepan and add vegetable stock. Simmer for 10 minutes then either leave chunky or blend depending on personal preference. If you choose to blend the soup should be fairly thick in consistency as a result of the chunky veg included.
Soup is an easy recipe for the upcoming winter months and can be so easily adapted to suit all tastes and dietary preferences! Let us know your favourite type of soup in the comments below.