If, like me, you love cooking and baking but aren’t exactly a whizz in the kitchen, then you will love the recipe that I am going to share today as it is a super easy (and tasty) chocolate crunch recipe!
Now I put in the title that this recipe is vegan, but don’t let that put you off! You can easily substitute any of the ingredients to fit your personal tastes but I want to show you how I make them. When you think of chocolate crunch I reckon your first thought is the traditional recipe that used to come with school dinners, but my recipe is slightly different to that (but personally I think it is better!)
Now for the batch in the picture I doubled the quantities but you can stick to the standard quantities if you wish.
- 1 tbsp cocoa
- 200g digestive biscuits (not all types are vegan but I used the Aldi ones which are!)
- 50g butter (I use dairy free Pure sunflower spread)
- 50g golden syrup
- Your choice of chocolate to top (I used Aldi dark chocolate chips!)
- Crush biscuits into crumbs using a rolling pin.
- Melt butter, cocoa and syrup in a saucepan but do not boil.
- Stir the biscuit crumbs into the melted mixture.
- Press biscuit mixture into a tin.
- Melt chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of boiling water and pour over the crunch and allow to set.
- Pop in the fridge to chill and once cool cut into pieces.
So there you have it - a simple recipe but tasty nonetheless! I would recommend using slightly more syrup than you think as my sometimes my biscuit mixture isn’t sticky enough, which can lead to very crumbly pieces that slightly fall apart! I hope this recipe has inspired you to try making something from scratch, let us know if you try the recipe yourself.