Welcome to the University of Suffolk at West Suffolk College
At the University of Suffolk at West Suffolk College we have a wide range of degrees in vocational subjects as well as humanities and social sciences. We pride ourselves on the:
- inspiring teaching and exciting opportunities for learning through classroom based activity, practical or workshop sessions. This year a number of our courses received 100% satisfaction for teaching and learning in the National Student Survey.
- excellent engagement with employers for work experience and completing real life work projects. We have an employability coordinator who supports all students in networking with employers and finding work related opportunities and experiences. This year 86% of our students progressed to employment or employment with further study.
- small groups in all subject areas, giving all students excellent opportunities for close working relationships with the teaching teams and student support staff.
At the University of Suffolk at West Suffolk College we have support services and facilities to suit the needs of all of our students, including:
- access to personal support tutors and student welfare staff for all students
- academic support tutors on all courses.
- the West Suffolk College Educational Trust for financial support for any student eligible
- a student finance officer on campus.
- an excellent library facility where students are able to access text books, e-resources, journals and dissertations in all subject areas.
- an area in the library which is dedicated to our degree students where they can work independently or in small groups, as well as a quiet study room.
- a learning support mentor who provides one to one support and group study skills workshops.
All of students have full access to all of the support services and facilities at the University’s central hub in Ipswich which includes the Students’ Union, student services, financial services and the library services and the massive e-resource database, Summons.
The University of Suffolk at West Suffolk College is based in Bury St Edmunds, a pretty, medieval market town in Suffolk. We are 30 minutes from Cambridge and an hour on the train from London. The town is lively and extremely friendly. It has a social life which compares with Cambridge with music venues, bars, clubs, restaurants, theatres and cinemas and we are able to provide students with details of letting agents in the town who provide accommodation for students. In addition, students often create their own social scene on campus by taking advantage of the restaurant, hair and beauty salon and theatre where discounts are available for students.
Course at University of Suffolk at West Suffolk College
- BA (Hons) Applied Interior Design
- HNC Construction and the Built Environment (Building Services Engineering)
- BA (Hons) Business Management
- BSc (Hons) Computer Games Technology
- FdSc Construction Management
- BSc Construction Management (Progression Route)
- BA (Hons) Counselling (Integrative)
- BA (Hons) Creative and Commercial Music Production
- BA (Hons) Early Childhood Studies
- Certificate in Education/Professional Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE)
- BEng (Hons) Electrical Engineering
- HNC Electrical Engineering
- HND Electrical Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Electronic Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering
- BA (Hons) English and History
- BA (Hons) English and Psychology
- BA (Hons) Graphic and Communication Design
- BA (Hons) History and Applied Sociology
- BSc(Hons) Information Technology Service Management
- HNC Mechanical Engineering
- HND Mechanical Engineering
- BA (Hons) Professional Studies
- BSc (Hons) Applied Psychology and Sociology
- BSc (Hons) Software Development
- FdSc Sport Coaching and Development
See the staff who will teach you and support you through your studies at University of Suffolk at West Suffolk College.