About the University of Suffolk at West Suffolk College
The University of Suffolk at West Suffolk College offers a wide range of degrees in vocational subjects as well as humanities and social sciences.
The College prides itself on the:
inspiring teaching and exciting opportunities for learning through classroom based activity, practical or workshop sessions. There has been a consistent level of satisfaction for teaching and learning in the last three years, around 84-87% in the National Student Survey in 2018, with some courses scoring 100%.
excellent engagement with employers for work experience and completing real life work projects. We have an employability coordinator who supports all students in networking with employers and finding work related opportunities and experiences. 85% of our graduates from 2017 progressed to employment or further study.
small groups in all subject areas, giving all students excellent opportunities for close working relationships with the teaching teams and support staff.
At the University of Suffolk at West Suffolk College we have support services and facilities to suit the needs of all of our students, including:
- access to personal support tutors and student welfare staff for all students
- academic support tutors on all courses.
- the West Suffolk College Educational Trust for financial support for any student eligible
- a student finance officer on campus.
- an excellent library facility where students are able to access text books, e-resources, journals and dissertations in all subject areas.
- an area in the library which is dedicated to our degree students where they can work independently or in small groups, as well as a quiet study room.
- a learning support mentor who provides one to one support and group study skills workshops.
- an employability officer offering workshops to ease students' transition into the workplace or to identify their skills.
All students have full access to all of the support services and facilities at the University’s main campus in Ipswich which includes the Students’ Union, student services, financial services, the library services and the extensive e-resource database, Summons.
The University of Suffolk at West Suffolk College is based in Bury St Edmunds, a pretty, medieval market town in Suffolk, located 30 minutes from Cambridge and an hour by train from London. The town is lively and extremely friendly. It has a social life which compares with Cambridge with music venues, bars, clubs, restaurants, theatres and cinemas and the College are able to provide students with details of letting agents in the town who provide accommodation for students. In addition, students often create their own social scene on campus by taking advantage of the restaurant, hair and beauty salon and theatre where discounts are available for students.
Courses at the University of Suffolk at West Suffolk College
- BSc (Hons) Applied Psychology and Sociology
- BA (Hons) Applied Sport
- BA (Hons) Art Practice
- BA (Hons) Business and Management
- BSc (Hons) Computer Games Technology
- BA (Hons) Counselling (Integrative)
- BA (Hons) Creative and Commercial Music
- BA (Hons) Early Childhood Studies
- Certificate in Education/Professional Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE)
- BEng (Hons) Electrical Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering
- BA (Hons) English and History
- BA (Hons) English and Applied Sociology
- BA (Hons) Graphic and Communication Design
- BA (Hons) History and Applied Sociology
- BA (Hons) Professional Studies
- BSc (Hons) Software Development
University of Suffolk
West Suffolk College
Bury St Edmunds
T: 01284 716341