Suffolk New College is situated in the Education Quarter of Ipswich. The modern £70 million college, which opened in 2009, is situated just to the north of the main University of Suffolk, Waterfront campus. It is close to the town centre, the railway station and is on several major bus routes.
It provides a friendly and welcoming environment in which to learn and excellent facilities including a laboratory fitted with new equipment for concrete testing, tensile analysis and assessing the engineering properties of soil. It also offers convenient access to the University of Suffolk waterfront amenities - only a few minutes walk away.
University of Suffolk at Suffolk New College offers the following higher education courses:
Our Civil Engineering programme is accredited through the Joint Board of Moderators, which is formed by four professional bodies:
- Institution of Civil Engineers
- Institution of Structural Engineers
- Chartered Institution of Highways and Transportation
- Institute of Highway Engineers
University of Suffolk at Suffolk New College also offer the following four routes in the Initial Teacher Training (ITT) programme. These qualifications are aimed at both those who wish to learn to teach and those who are already teaching, tutoring or training in community and adult education, work-based provision, further education, offender education and the voluntary sector.
- Certificate in Education (Lifelong Learning Sector) (CertEd) - one year full-time or two years part-time
- Professional Graduate Certificate in Education in the Lifelong Learning Sector(PGCE) - one year full-time or two years part-time
If you would like to apply for one of these courses please visit the applications page and choose the link for either part-time or full-time study as appropriate.