Today I am sharing with you my choc chip cookie recipe! This is a simple recipe and doesn’t require eggs which makes them easier to adapt for different dietary requirements. These cookies are great to share and are great to use as an ice breaker with your new flatmates if you have used moved to uni for the first time! This recipe makes a lot of cookies so no need to worry about adapting the quantities for any of them! I make my cookies vegan by using dairy-free spread however butter works just as well.
- 250g butter (I use dairy free Pure sunflower spread)
- 250g caster sugar
- 400g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp water
- Choc chips! I recommend the ones from Aldi (available in milk or dark choc)
- Heat the oven to 180ºC (350º F)
- Mix the butter and sugar together into a creamy consistency.
- Add the dry ingredients and water and mix into a dough-like consistency.
- If dough is dry enough roll out and cut into shapes however if too sticky add a tad more flour before shaping. If you don’t have cookie cutters then I recommend using a table spoon to scoop out some mixture and pressing into a flatter shape with your hands, the rustic looking cookies usually taste better too!
- Bake for about 10 – 15 minutes ensuring they do not burn! Test that your cookies are done by using a cocktail stick to check whether the mixture is cooked all the way through. They will be done when the cocktail stick comes out clean!
I hope this recipe has inspired you to go out and bake! If you make them then send us some photos we would love to see how yours have turned out!