About the Centre
The Centre for Academic and International Partnerships (CAIP) is responsible for coordinating, managing and supporting the University of Suffolk’s collaborative activity with partner institutions, both in the UK and internationally. The team act as a central link between partner institutions and the University’s academic and professional services departments.
- Managing existing University partnerships in line with the expectations of the UK Quality Code and the University's framework for operational management of partnership provision, in conjunction with academic link tutors
- Overseeing the quality and academic standard of partnership provision, in conjunction with the Quality team
- Supporting the development of new partnerships, in accordance with the procedures outlined in the University's Quality Manual
- Providing advice and guidance to partners, potential partners, University staff and current students on a wide range of matters related to partnership activity
- Supporting partners’ compliance with relevant University regulations, policies and procedures (including those relating to course management processes, quality processes, student complaints and appeals and professional misconduct)
- Managing the process for approving partner staff to deliver programmes that lead to University of Suffolk awards, and supporting partner staff development activity
- Supporting partners in their delivery of student enrolment and induction processes
- Monitoring student enrolments, transfers and withdrawals in line with University procedures
- Overseeing the conduct of assessment and the operation of Assessment Boards within partner institutions
- Overseeing partners’ alignment with established publicity protocols
- Supporting partners in their preparations for external reviews
The Centre for Academic and International Partnerships is located on the 5th floor, Waterfront Building on the University's Ipswich campus.
The team comprises: