The Ipswich Waterfront Innovation Centre (IWIC) has been established by The University of Suffolk as a focal point for developing new entrepreneurs and ICT businesses. A single point of integration and access between enterprise, facilities and academic expertise, the IWIC will provide networking and collaborative opportunities with subject areas including: STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics), Digital Creative, Leadership, Business Management, and a range of other subject areas reflecting the academic expertise within the university and across New Anglia Local Enterprise Partnership (NALEP).
If you want to be part of the University of Suffolk’s new Innovation Centre you can become a member, join our networks, or attend one of our events or workshops.
Become a Member
If you are interested in joining our active and innovative support programme for start-ups, please look at our membership options. We are currently offering high value introductory membership offers starting from £600 for the first year.
- Membership starting from just £50 per month (£600)
- Stylish office accommodation situated in the newly refurbished The Atrium on the spectacular Ipswich Waterfront
- Free access to the IWIC Entrepreneurs Programme an eight day training program covering everything a new business needs from creative thinking to financial planning led by the Eastern Enterprise Hub and University of Suffolk academics.
- Access to high-end facilities including 3D Scanners and printers
- Support with applying for grant programmes
- Access to cafe on site and the business facing university environment of the University of Suffolk campus
- Specialist academic support and expertise to develop an action plan for developing a new product or service
- Free access to peers and mentors through a full programme of talks and conferences
- Access to highly skilled university interns and placement students
- Opportunities for part funded Research and Innovation collaborations and knowledge transfer projects to develop not only your products and services for market but also your internal business innovations
- Signposting to advice and support from a range of organisations supporting innovation and growth in Suffolk and beyond
- Opportunities for bi annual meetings with senior academic staff and Innovation Mentors
- Access to the IWIN network
Business membership (£75 per month)
Our Business membership offers a flexible and integrated workspace environment for start-ups that are looking for a collaborative office space. Prices are competitive, at £900 per year (£75 per month).
Graduate/Student Membership (£50 per month)
Our graduate and student membership is aimed at fostering and retaining talent from the University of Suffolk and continuing support and mentoring for new entrepreneurs and start-ups. Membership offers the same level of support as business membership for the introductory rate of £600 per year (£50 per month). We will also be offering a number of sponsored student annual memberships in the future.
Ipswich Waterfront Innovation Network (IWIN) Membership (Free)
The IWIN offers free membership for local entrepreneurs and innovators, students, graduates, University of Suffolk alumni or those looking to start a business.
All IWIN members benefit from the opportunity to receive information about our business events and networking sessions, regular newsletters and access to a network of peers and mentors.
E: email@example.com P: 01473 338621