Things to do before you arrive:
1. Complete online enrolment (once you have been invited to by letter from the Admissions team). 48 hours after this you can access the Student Intranet site MySuffolk. You should also upload a photo for your student ID card through the Applicant Area
2. Apply for student finance
3. Arrange to view and book student accommodation (if you require it)
5. Download free versions of Microsoft Office onto your personal devices
6. Look into travel and parking information
8. Register to vote to have your say in an election or referendum in the UK
9. Consider opening a student bank account (interest free overdraft facility)
10. Check to see if any reading/resource lists are available for your course
11. Sign up for your NUS card and download the TOTUM app (via the App Store or Google Play) to access more discounts and to get updates from our Students' Union.
1. Report for induction registration as per the information listed
2. Connect to the University Wi-Fi
3. Find your way around – you will be given a campus map on your arrival but you can also view this online. Why not attend one of our campus tours running throughout induction week – see your induction timetable for further information.
1. Attend your induction sessions/timetabled sessions
2. Ask any questions at the Infozone
3. Request a Council Tax Exemption Certificate using the form on MySuffolk (only full-time students are eligible. Apprenticeship students are not eligible with the exception of Nursing Apprenticeship students. They are eligible as per the guidance we have received from Ipswich Borough Council). Please note you are unable to receive a Council Tax Exemption form until you have been on your course for a minimum of two weeks
4. Consider joining a club or society; it’s a great way to meet new people
Travelling and parking - Planning to commute or bring a car with you when you start your course? All vehicles will need to display a parking permit, which is clearly visible at all times. Once you are have access to MySuffolk (48 hours after enrolment has been completed) you can apply for you car parking permit. This will need to be printed and displayed from your Induction start date. You can view our car parks online. Please note, until you display a permit, you can only park in the Duke Street Public Car Park.
Maps - view our online campus and car park map to help you find your way around.
Campus information - want to know more about our campus and buildings? Take a look at our Ipswich campus page.
Accommodation - Take a look at the recommended and accredited student accommodation options which includes both on-campus and off-campus accommodation.
Student Finance - Make sure you have all your financial support in place before you start your course.
SU - The Students' Union can support you in a number of ways during your studies, whether it be academically or personally. Welcome events and activities will be available to new starters.
Library and Learning Services – Access your course Reading Lists and Subject Guides through the Learning Services website. Find out how Learning Services can enhance your studies at the University of Suffolk.
Applicant Area. - This is a dedicated space to help you prepare for your studies, track your application and view official correspondence
IT Services - IT Services have created FAQ’s to answer some of the queries you may have as you begin your studies.
Suffolk Constabulary information – Suffolk Constabulary is committed to enhancing the quality of life for everyone in Suffolk. This section contains important crime prevention and safety advice.
Blog - Check out our current students’ advice on studying here including tips and advice on settling in.
International and EU – For our students who will be travelling to Suffolk from overseas, we understand that this can be quite a daunting experience. For many of you it will be your first time coming to the UK. To assist with this transition, please regularly check the International and EU resources.