The University of Suffolk aims to make life as simple as possible for students and those who may wish to study here in the future, so the Infozone acts as the main point of contact for many of the services and activities that students may need during their time at the University.
If you have a question, the Infozone is the one place to start looking for an answer. Our knowledgeable team of Infozone Advisers provide a welcoming, friendly and efficient service, and will be able to respond ‘on-the-spot’ to the majority of enquiries.
We can help students access many of the specialist services on offer, including booking one-to-one appointments with support staff. In addition, we offer information and advice for anyone who may be considering Higher Education and can provide support throughout the application process.
Infozone services include:
- Course enquiries and guidance on how to apply to university
- Initial advice and guidance
- Enrolment advice
- Student finance, bursaries and funding advice
- Student accommodation
- Disability and learning support
- Welfare and wellbeing
- Careers guidance and job shop
- Support for students applying for Extenuating Circumstances
- ID card and parking permit enquiries / collection
- Student attendance certificates
- Council tax exemption certificates
- Timetable, rooming enquiries and marking attendance
- Assignment hand-in and collection
- Interview registration for visiting applicants
- IT queries at the IT Service Desk
…and much more, please just ask!
You can contact the Infozone team in person by visiting us on the ground floor of the Waterfront Building at the Ipswich Campus. Everyone is welcome in the Infozone and you do not need to make an appointment, simply drop-in.
Please be advised that there is a private discussion area in the corner of the Infozone which can be used if you wish to discuss a sensitive issue with a member of staff away from the main desk area.