To maintain the health and safety of our community, we have taken the decision to postpone all events until a time that we are able to facilitate this in a safe manner adhering to the official guidance. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you but hope you understand why we have taken this decision. Please check our events page of the website for the latest updates.
All staff, students and visitors are expected to wear face coverings when moving around in our buildings. For the avoidance of doubt, this includes foyers, corridors, receptions, cloakrooms, lifts and staircases.
Exemption from wearing a face covering
The wearing of face coverings will be expected as identified above unless you have a legitimate reason not to. This includes:
- people who cannot put on, wear or remove a face covering because of a physical or mental illness or impairment, or disability;
- employees of indoor settings (or people acting on their behalf, such as someone leading part of a prayer service) or transport workers - although employers may consider their use where appropriate and where other mitigations are not in place, in line with COVID-19 Secure guidelines;
- where putting on, wearing or removing a face covering will cause you severe distress;
- if you are speaking to or helping someone who relies on lip reading, clear sound or facial expressions to communicate;
- to avoid harm or injury, or the risk of harm or injury, to yourself or others.
Those who have an age, health or disability reason for not wearing a face covering should not be routinely asked to give any written evidence of this, this includes exemption cards. Some people may feel more comfortable showing something that says they do not have to wear a face covering. This could be in the form of an exemption card, badge or even a home-made sign. This is a personal choice and is not necessary in law.
Washing hands regularly and for the recommended length of time is considered one of the best ways of reducing the risk of catching COVID-19. We have provided hand sanitisers across campus in all buildings and toilet facilities have signage reminding us all good handwashing technique and there is ample soap to use. Please ensure you use this as necessary.
If the fire alarm sounds, we need to evacuate quickly and safely as per our normal procedure. The priority is to evacuate the building. Once safely outside the building please socially distance as per government guidelines.
All buildings have signage that clearly identifies how to enter and exit buildings and how to move around a building that encourages social distancing. Please ensure you use the correct doors to enter and exit and follow the signage to reduce risk.